Chapter 19

(A/n: hiiiiii we're getting a little scandalous today. )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing important." You lied. "Just a little jet-lagged, maybe." You chuckled.

He cocked his head slightly to the side. Not fully believing you, but, decided not to pry this time. "If you say so." He hummed. "So what's the rundown for tomorrow?"

"Wake up kinda early, maybe get breakfast;" you started, "We have to be where they're having the shoot at by 8 so they can get me and my hair all done up. I don't think the shoot itself should take more than an hour or two, we can probably grab lunch after before heading to the theme park."

"Sounds like a busy day." He noted, sipping from his glass. "I hope you mean actual breakfast, by the way. Iced coffee is not a meal."

"Pshhhhh." You scoffed. "It is when you run off of caffeine and sarcasm. But yeah, the rest of the time is mostly ours to enjoy. Ready to see me at work?"

"I'm intrigued to see how the process goes, yes."

"Mostly a lot of me just being a mannequin of sorts. They dress me like a barbie doll then I get told how to pose. I have to do certain motions over and over till they get the right snapshots they want to use, I had to gain a lot of muscle control and awareness of my posture and face, it can get pretty taxing physically." You explained. "Not to mention having to get up at the asscrack of dawn to start getting ready. But, it wouldn't be called work if it was easy."

"Very true, my dear." He sighed softly. "But at least there's a few perks that come with it, no?"

"Oh absolutely." You hummed, standing closer to him and taking a rather large sip of champagne before resting your head against Al's shoulder. A gentle smile forming on your face as you heard what sounded like a staticy purr coming from the man beside you.

"Al?"

"Yes dear?"

"Are you purring?"

"Shh." He said, draping an arm around you and making you giggle at how cute he was when he got all flustered. How a demon could be so adorable was beyond your understanding. But never the less, you enjoyed it fully.

"Can I tell you something?" You asked.

"Of course." He hummed, looking down at you. Kindness written in his eyes as they gazed at you. The setting sun in the sky cast a beautiful orange and pink hue on your skin, that made the color in your eyes stand out even more in contrast. He felt his heart stutter in his chest as he looked at you.

"I'm really glad I met you." You admitted. "All things considered. You make me really happy."

His ears flattened to his head as he felt heat rising to his cheeks, feeling touched by the warm sentiment. "You mean it?"

"Yeah, you're alright. I guess I'll keep you around." You teased. "But step outta line and I'm coming at you with the broom again."

"Oh goodness, I'm shaking with fear." He chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"How tired are you?" You asked suddenly, making him perk up with your question.

"Not very, why?"

"Wanna go explore a little after I take a quick shower?" You hummed, taking your glass of champagne with you as you meandered over to your luggage case to pull out some shower stuff. His eyes lit up and his smile widened as he followed inside, shutting the balcony doors behind him.