49: He knew

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The room fell into deep silence, only the ragged breathing of the two males was audible if their loudly beating hearts can be ignored. Jungkook's eyes twitched when Taehyung kept staring at his bloodied palm, lost in some deep thoughts after dropping a bomb.

"You didn't just say that, did you?" The voice that cracked a few moments ago, fell octaves deeper when these words came out, but only Jungkook knew, how he made it happen by pressing down every urge to cry out loud till he could make the brunet believe, maybe opening his heart can do.

"You want to prove, then do it." Again, that monotonous voice made Jungkook's eyes close, feeling immense pain for the nth time, and the reason was Taehyung.? No, the reason was his idiot heart for falling for someone, for falling when he knew, he can't afford it. Maybe he can as Jungkook, but not as RD.

"Taehyung-"

"Don't make it more jumbled up, or else, I've to involve the cops." It wasn't too difficult to ignore that gulp as Taehyung muttered the words.

Jungkook's sparkly eyes stared at the love of his life who was still busy staring at the blood on his palm which was getting dried by now, not dried but thicker and more sticky. Looking up at the ceiling for a brief second as the sight was just hurting him, Jungkook got up to disappear from the room.

Taehyung's lips curved down, almost wobbling in desperation to let out some strangled sobs but gulped them down back when Jungkook once again limped to the bed, this time holding a small bowl and a cloth in his hand.

Plopping on the bed without any care of pain, as the pain in his heart was too much to even feel the physical one anyway, the raven-haired took the cloth and wet it from the bowl that happened to be filled with water.

Taehyung's eyes narrowed when Jungkook took his hand, he even tried to protest but couldn't when he noticed the tears that were dripping down the younger's chin, squeezing his heart painfully. He silently watched as Jungkook removed the blood from his palm, keeping the swipe gentle while his tears kept on falling, some even fell into the bowl, mixing with the water.

"If that will prove my love to you, then-" Gulping lightly as Jungkook's movements halted on his palm, Taehyung blinked back the tears. "I'll leave."

If an open wound was left to soak in salty water, not just water but hot salty water, do you know that pain and burn? Ah, maybe it was still less as compared to what Taehyung felt the moment Jungkook said it.

"I'll leave you, forever." Taehyung closed his eyes when a soft squeeze was delivered to his palm sending a little bit of warmth opposite to the words.

The thought of being alone, left alone to fight his own demons, was scaring him but he had no other choice, he was left with no other choice. Because, whatever RD has done in the past, his Jungkook can not be forgotten by his heart, he can never see the raven-haired, bunny-faced boy hurt in any way. Call him selfish, and stupid, but he felt the need to protect the only one, who protected him all this long.

Yes, he knew, he was well aware that Jungkook really showed his true self, but the shock was so abrupt that made him spew some harsh words. He knew, that Jungkook really would never hurt him intentionally, he knew that the boy really loved him the way no one ever did, and he knew that his deed of sending him away was too harsh for humanity, but... he was a lost game in front of the only one, his only one and he would do anything just to keep him safe, even it comes at the cost of sacrificing law and his heart.