21: Money and hatred

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"RD" Taehyung kept muttering two alphabets even after entering his room when the officers left the mansion.

He never knew someone by that name nor heard of that before. Well, he wasn't the type to listen to the news more frequently until it was related to his shows or something.

It was clear that the person was targeting him for money as someone might've offered him a huge sum to end his life. A bitter chuckle left his lips at that thought.

"My life is so cheap, I guess." Shaking his head at his own mocking words, he looked around his room to find it silent and empty, even when the room was filled with every luxury thing.

What's the use of this all when nothing can bring me peace?

Peace, something he always looked for, craved but couldn't find for even a little time. Starting from his early childhood, he started to lose his dear ones one after the other like leaves falling down from a tree in autumn. Unfortunately, in his case, there wasn't any hope for spring to have some new ones because they can't be replaced in his dry life.

That wandering gaze fell on the same drawer near his bed and his eyes couldn't stop from getting teary when the same memories started to get fresh.

But before he could be drawn himself in those dark days, someone tapped his shoulder and he never needed a minute to understand who the person was.

"Are you alright?" Softly the person asked, putting something on the side table before kneeling down on the floor.

Am I?

"Yes," Taehyung mumbled, keeping his eyes fixed on the drawer and Jungkook was no one to ask about that, well not yet.

"You're safe here, I'll assure your security. Don't worry about that, yeah?" Taehyung blinked slowly, turning his eyes to the raven-haired who was already focused on his face with a small smile and eyes full of determination.

That look made him feel jolts of relief, something close to peace.

"How?" The question slipped passed his lips.

"Hm. Well, I'm so strong, you see all these muscles." Jungkook flexed his biceps in front of him very proudly while wiggling his brows suggestively.

"Yeah, I can. But as far as I know, muscles can't work in front of guns." Jungkook's smile faltered on that and a small pout formed on his pink lips before he let out a frustrated huff.

"Do I need to master shooting now?" Taehyung's eyes widened when he heard the other whispering to himself with the same pout and small frown.

"What?! Are you crazy?"

"What what? I'm your caretaker, it's my responsibility to keep you safe and protected." Taehyung rolled his eyes at that, shaking his head he turned his upper body to face the other better.

"You're my caretaker, not a bodyguard." Jungkook cocked his one brow at that but before he could retort back, the other smiled sadly as he leaned his body back on the headboard.

"Also, I'm not that interested in living a long life."

"Hey!" Jungkook shrieked, standing up with a dramatic look on his face and Taehyung almost flinched the way he shouted out of sudden.