Chapter 1: The Shining Beacon

Start from the beginning

Everyone hears a passenger groaning and hunched over nearby, running to the back of the ship. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. Yang looks at him in sympathy.

"Well... I guess the view isn't for everyone." Ruby nods.

"It was a nice moment while it lasted." The ship is approaching Beacon across a large body of water as she gets excited. "I wonder who we're gonna meet! I just hope they're better than Vomit Boy. Oh! Yang, gross! You have puke on your shoe!"

"Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross!"

"Get-get away! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me!"

I walk up to Yang and take a handkerchief from my coat, then kneel in front of Yang and wipe her shoe clean.

"Oh? Thank you!"

I nod and walk to the entrance without saying a word, vomit hanky in hand, holding the white part as to not touch the puke.

============================================================

The ships dock at the entrance of the school and the blonde passenger exits and leans over a bin, letting out his lunch. I see Yang and Ruby, along with several other students, walk out and head down the paved path of the school. I look at the blonde boy and tap his shoulder as soon as he stops vomiting, then throw the hanky in. He turns around and I reach into a satchel to pull out some medicine, a bottle of water, and a granola bar, then offer it to him as he takes it.

"Oh? Thank you so much. May I get your name?"

I reach out my hand with a small smile.

"I'm guessing motion sickness. My name is Y/N L/N. What's your name?"

"The name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!"

I roll my eyes in amusement.

"Whatever you say."

I walk away from the ship.

I look around and smell the air.

A Cat Faunus? A Faunus would be another good start due to the increased trust if I were to reveal my heritage because I can't hide it forever. I might as well see what they're like as a person and see if we can get on good terms.

I sniff out the air more, then look at a tree where a black-haired girl with a bow on top of her head  is standing in the shade. Her amber eyes scan the pages of her book as I slowly walk over to her location and clear my throat. Her eyes move up her book and straight at me, a slight blush creeping on her face.

"Can I help you?"

I look down and place my hands behind my back.

"You don't have to. I'm just looking to socialize since I'm not from Vale. I smelled a Faunus, so I assumed you were one with ears underneath your bow." Blake's eyes shoot open and I wave my hands. "Don't worry. I'm not going to rat you out or anything, after all, I'm a Faunus myself. I just thought it would be a good idea to see if we could get on good terms since we're potential classmates. May I get your name?"

The noirette woman calms down and gives a small smile.

"Blake."

I reach my hand out and she shakes it.

"My name is Y/N. Nice to meet you." Blake looks up at me.

"Likewise. Hey. If you want, you could meet up with me in the amphitheater. You seem like good company." I nod.

"I don't see why not."

Blake giggles as she takes a piece of paper from her pocket and writes on it, then hands it to me.