Chapter 3: Learning Lee's Past

We returned to the Motor Inn with the supplies we had. After the St Johns and that abandoned car, we returned there as we said. "Hey, you're back!" Clementine said as she ran to me, wearing that hoodie. "Ben found some stickers in a drawer and I put them on my walkie." She showed me her walkie talkie that had stickers on it.
"Hey sweet pea. That's near. I'll come find you in a bit." I told her. We went to talk to Lilly and give her the supplies we found. "Looks like we got the kid on watch again." Kenny said.
"What'd you get?" Lilly asked, ignoring Kenny.
"Might as well leave a sign out that says, 'the men are gone, come r**e our women and children.'"

I'm not typing that full word.

I returned Lilly her rifle and Kenny returned my gun. "So what'd you get?"
"Just what was left." I told her.
"Which was a lot actually. Take a look." Kenny gave her the backpack full of drugstore supplies. "Nice work. If we carry on like this, we'll make it through the winter here."
"The winter? We'll freeze our asses off here!" Kenny revolted.
"Because piling in an RV with you two after what you did to my dad is SO appealing." Lilly said sarcastically.
"We have to go eventually, Lilly." I told her.
"This town is tapped. What was left in the drugstore might've been what was left in Macon." Kenny tried telling her.
"Then we keep searching." Lilly told him.
"Do you know HOW we got this supplies? We got lucky and let a girl get eaten. Some girl came screaming out of an alley, she had dead hanging all over here. She gave us enough time to get everything outta the drugstore."
"So you left her like bait?"
"She gave us the time to get everything." I told Lilly.
"Lee's right. We've been making these runs into Macon, you'd be surprised what we've had to do. Look, Macon and its people aren't safe. Its not a town, its full of walkers. And the people who were left are dying and wandering out onto the street. Its hell on Earth, and its coming this way."
"ITS NOT GONNA BE EASIER OUT ON THE ROAD!!!" Lilly yelled.
"How would you know?"
"WHAT I KNOW? I know you're not above murder, I know somebody has been STEALING our supplies! Thats right, STEALING, and i know the list of people I can trust here gets SMALLER EVERY DAY!" She yelled. "Now everybody GET OUT." She ordered us. We left her room. "She'll get over it."
"She's riling everyone up otherwise. She's right about one thing, none of this shits getting easier." Kenny went to sit with Katjaa.

Y/n's POV...
I came around a corner and saw my sister, Clementine making a leaf rubbing. "What are you doing, Clementine?" I asked her.
"Making a leaf rubbing. I guess Ms Moore showed you how to make it too, right?" Clementine asked me.
"Yeah she did. I remember making one. I showed it to our parents. It was still on the fridge when we were there before we left." I told her.
"That's nice." She said. I saw Lee follow Carley upstairs. "Huh." I said. I sat with Clem for a while while she made a leaf rubbing. Eventually, Lee came back down and came to us. "Hey, guys." Lee said.
"Hey Lee." Clem said.
"I have to tell you guys something." Lee said.
"Okay. What is it?" I asked.
"Before the plague, I killed somebody." Lee told us.
"Oh...thats what Carley meant by you killed someone?" I asked.
"Yeah."
"Why are you telling us this?" Clementine asked.
"Because I didn't wanna keep it to myself anymore. Do you have any questions?"
Me and Clem shook our heads. We understood what we did. If I'm being straight, that could come in handy. Lee then went to Kenny and Katjaa.

Lee's POV...
I'm not too sure about Clementine and Y/n. I didn't quite catch their reactions, but I think they understand. I went to tell Kenny and Katjaa. "Kenny, you got a sec."
"Sure pal. Whaddya got?" He asked as he got up. "Its serious."
"Oh no. What'd the she-devil do to you?"
"Shut up, man." I told him calmly. "I was on my way to prison three months ago." Kenny's eyes widened. "No shit?"
"No shit." I saw Kenny's eye movement. "It wasn't for touching kids, was it?" Kenny asked, which shocked me. "Come on, man!"
"What? I-i gotta ask! We got 3!" He panicked.
"No, i killed a guy in a fight." I told him. He seemed more calm now. "Must've been a real piece of shit if you had to haul off and kill him."
"He was. So, we're straight?"
Kenny looked around. "Lee, take a loot around at what this mess has us doing. I'm sorry you went through whatever you went through. Yeah, we're straight. I appreciate the honesty." Kenny said.

I got Katjaa to come with me. "I was on my way to prison three months ago." I told her. "You always looked at me with kind eyes, and i wonder if you still would knew I was a convicted felon." I added.
"My goodness, what for? How much trouble can a teacher get into?" She asked.
"A lot, but it didn't have anything to do with that. It was for murder." I told her.
"Why?"
"He and my wife were..."
"Thats enough." Katjaa stopped me. "Tell me what happened when you were locked in the fridge at the dairy." She asked. I was kind of unsure about it, but I figured i should. "I held Lilly back and Kenny made sure Larry didn't get up."
Katjaa gasped. "What did he do?" She asked, worried. "He smashed his head in." I told her. She gasped and looked at the ground. "Everything just keeps changing." She said to herself. She went back to Kenny.

"Hey Ben, I need to tell you something." I said to him.
Yeah, I told Ben.
"Whats up, Lee? Is it about my watch?" Ben asked.
"You're doing fine." I told him. "I'm a convicted murderer." Ben's eyes widened and I could tell he was shocked. "Woah, seriously?"
"Why would I joke about that?" I asked him.
"I don't know. Um, wow."
"You're a part of this group, so you deserve to know." I explained to him.
"Thanks for trusting me, man. I, uhh..." Ben had not even the foggiest clue of what to do with the information, which made sense. "Ben, relax." I told him.

I went to Lilly's room. I already talked to her and she gave me a broken flashlight to investigate the stole supplies. But for now, i was gonna tell her who I am. "Lilly, I have to tell you something. I was sent to prison before the plague."
"You think that's news? Better yet did you think that story died with my dad?" She asked. I shook my head and left.

Wanted to post for a gift for y'all. Happy Holidays.