Episode 2: Jolene

The walk to the dairy felt like a walk in the park; there were no walkers, no one shooting at each other, it was just us walking in the woods. It felt good to leave the Motor Inn, but during the walk, I noticed Clementine starting to slow down a little. "You okay, Clem?" I asked.
"Yeah, Y/n. I'm just a little hungry."
"Still?" I asked. "I mean, I know that pack of crackers wasn't much, but, well you know."
"Yeah, its okay. I understand. I hope they feed us." Clem said.
"Everything all right?" Kenny asked us.
"Yeah, we're fine. What about you?" I asked. I noticed his hands shaking a little.
"I'm alright." He said.

After a few more minutes, we arrived. "Hey y'all." Kenny waved at Lee and Mark. Thats when we all noticed Mark had an arrow sticking out of his shoulder. "Mark! Oh my god, what happened?" Katjaa asked.
"He got shot with an arrow." Lee told them.
Brenda took Mark inside and Katjaa went with them. "We got attacked by some people. Bandits, I guess."
"They gave us a lot of problems in the beginning, killed a bunch of our farmhands." Andy said.
"You KNEW about these people?" Kenny asked.
"Food for protection. They did stop hassling us. I know where ONE of their camps are. Lee, whenever you're ready, we'll go find that bandit camp." Danny said.
"Well, I'll go with Danny and you guys try to make friends with Andy and Brenda while we're gone."
"Well thats easy. I got charm coming out of my ass." Larry said.
Andy pointed us to a swing that Lee fixed for us. Me, Clem, Duck, and Kenny went over to it. Duck went first and Kenny pushed him on it. Lee came over to it to check on us. "How you liking the swing, guys?" Lee asked.
"Its really cool." I said.
"Can you push me on it?" Clem asked Lee.
"Sure." Lee smiled. Duck hopped off and Clem got on it and Lee pushed her. "How you doing, Clementine?"
"Okay. Is Mark gonna be okay?"
"I hope so. And we'll get justice for it. I've been really lucky ever since I met you and Y/n." Lee said. Hearing that made me smile, and I saw a smile on Clem's face too. I think me and Clem have also been super lucky ever since we met Lee. Lee looked at me. "Do you want a go?"
"Nah, i'm okay. Thanks, Lee." I said. Clem got off the swing. "Its all yours." Lee said to Kenny and Duck. He then went to talk to Andy and Danny. After a few minutes, he and Danny started walking out of the dairy. "Please be lucky." Clem said.
"Like he said, he's been lucky since he's met us." I said.

Lee's POV...
Me and Danny found the bandit camp and saw a bunch of boxes. I started searching through one. "All from Save-Lots."
"First few days of all this, they told folks to gather to the Save-Lots by the interstate. Anything worth taking?" Danny asked.
"Not unless you need a bunch of empty cans." I swept my hand over the cans. "Heh, I'll pass." Danny said. I moved the box and saw some boxes from the dairy. "Boxes from the dairy here."
"Prob'ly the food we've been given' em. Fuckers crossed the line." Danny told me. I moved the dairy box and saw a camera recorder. "A video camera."
"Lemme see that." Danny said. I tried to turn it on but the battery was dead. "What else they got over here? I'll try to find something else and get a move on." He said. "By the way i see you handle that gun I lent ya pretty well. You a hunter?"
"No but Lilly keeps us all on a regular training schedule."
"Lilly? I thought you said that, uhh...Kenny's running things over there."
"Yeah, but, uh, she's got the combat training."
Danny started looking through boxes and I searched the tent he was looking in. I pulled a sleeping bag cover down and saw a hat. I grabbed it and i saw it was Clementine's. "The hell?"
"Don't fucking move!" I heard from behind me. I got up and aimed my gun at a woman behind us. Her face was dirty and she was holding a crossbow.
"Jolene, we had a deal! No shooting as long as we gave you food. What the fuck happened?" Danny asked her.
"You had a deal with THEM. I ain't THEM." She said. She argued at us about the bandits and that she was gonna kill us. I tried to convince her to not shoot us, but she wouldn't listen. "Go on, tell him boy!" She said to Danny. "Tell him what you got in mind for --"
Danny shot her in the head, immediately killing her. "God damnit." He said.
"You murdered that woman."
"She had a crossbow pointed at my forehead." Danny said. "If they ain't here, i don't know where they are. And it ain't a good idea to go tromping through the woods. So we're going back." Danny grabbed the woman's crossbow and brought it back with us.