Episode 3: Ghost Town

Lee's POV...
Me and Kenny were running back to the drugstore to loot it and take whatever else was left. Kenny had my pistol that we had found in a search not long ago, and I had Lilly's rifle. We came around a corner and saw the remains of the drugstore. It was broken, the front entrance was blocked by fallen debris, and there was a plane in the roof of the building. The only way in was the alley door, which we had to climb over a truck to get to. "So Lee, where do you stand on staying or going?" Kenny asked me.
"You mean packing up the motel and getting in the RV?" I asked.
"Yeah. We've been talking about it, but have you made up your mind yet?"
"We should go. Motel's run its course."
"Damn right. Pile into the RV and don't pull over until we see water."
Kenny climbed up a ladder to get on the truck and it broke off its hinges. I saw a jeep under some fallen rubble and grabbed it's winch. I started pulling it to the truck to connect it. "Lilly's not doing so good, huh?"
"Well we killed her dad." I told him.
"We did kill her dad." He said. I got to the truck and hooked it up. I then went back to the jeep and flipped a switch. "Your girl still mad at you for agreeing to take that stuff from the station wagon?" Kenny asked me. I actually didn't know since i never asked. "I don't know." I said as I was following the jeep. It stopped at the truck. I climbed on top of the jeep. "Duck was asking about that guy at Hershel's Farm last night."
"Really? I wasn't sure it phased him." I said.
"Of course it did."
"Still?" I asked. "What happened to 'water off a duck's back?'" I smirked.
"He's a tough kid. Not much phases him, but its starting to add up. The farm, the dairy. I need to get to the coast. Get him outta all this madness." Kenny told me as he offered his hand. Since he was still injured because he got shot in the gut by Andy St John, i was a little hesitant. "You sure you're up for this?" I asked.
"Lee I'm fine, I got this. Gimme your hand."
I grabbed Kenny's hand and he started to pull me up as I climbed up the truck, but Kenny groaned and dropped me. "SHI-!" I yelped as I hit the jeep's windshield and broke it. Kenny made sure there were no walkers that heard that. "Jesus. Are you okay?" I asked him as I got up.
"I'm fine. Shit, I'm sorry, pal. I thought it'd be healed up better."
We heard a screaming come from a building. We saw a girl run out of the building and get pursued by walkers. "What the hell is that? A walker?" Kenny asked.
"Walkers don't scream, do they?!" I asked. I looked through the scope and saw the girl. "Its a girl! We have to help!" I told Kenny.
"No no, wait." He stopped me. I watched her get bitten on the ankle by a crawling walker. "Fuck. We gotta shoot her. Put her outta this misery."
"They don't know we're here." Kenny said. "We keep her alive, she draws them all outta their holes, buying us time." He explained. I saw the girl and wanted to shoot, but he wasn't wrong. I didn't shoot her. Kenny helped me up, this time quick enough for me to get on the truck. We went over it and through the alley to the office door.

We were in the remains of the drugstore. "That girl won't hold them long. Get everything you can outta these racks. Don't forget underneath the counter this time." Kenny told me. "I'll clear out here and then we gotta go!" I moved a shelf and started grabbed supplies. As I was collecting it, we heard the girl outside screaming. After I collected about 11 supplies, we heard the screaming stop. "She's gone." Kenny said. I went through and grabbed 9 more supplies, including a few energy bars, medicine bottles, and boxes. I did a double check to make sure that was it. "Thats everything." I told Kenny.
"That girl didn't die for nothing then." He said. We got to a counter. "Up and over." He leaped over. I leaped over behind him. "Still clear. Lets hustle." Kenny told me. As I passed the office door, walkers knocked it down and trapped me under it. "KENNY! HELP!" I yelled as I held the door. I saw Kenny came running back to help me. He helped me lift the door and get it off. He pointed the pistol at the walkers. "FRIDGE!" Kenny yelled. I pushed the fridge on top of a walker, killing it and blocking the path for the other walkers. "OUT. Lets fucking get out!" Kenny yelled again. I ran towards him, but a walker of a pilot got to me. I slammed the rifle against its face and kicked it into a rod, impaling it. Me and Kenny left the overrunning drugstore with its last supplies.