Chapter 28 - Bradie's Epilogue

After the Olympics, Alexia took me to Greece. We both needed the break, after the crazy and hectic year we had both just endured. I loved being in a place of peace with the person that brought that same emotion to my heart.

Zakynthos was a dream. We spent days beside the pool, soaking up the sun and the clear waters.

"This really is the dream, isn't it?" I said to Alexia, as I sat on her lap on the balcony looking over the water.

"It really is," she replied.

"Sam and Kristie are engaged," I then said.

"Oh really? That's great," Alexia answered.

"Yeah."

"What do you think?"

"About what?"

"Marriage." I chuckled slightly, before turning to her, holding her face in my hands.

"One day, I think," I said to her. She smiled softly, looking me straight in the eyes.

"One day as in soon or one day as in long time?"

"Not sure," I replied, "depends on who it is I guess." I winked at her cautiously, not wanting to put any fear in her, but also wanting to tell her that she would be the person. She would be the person I would want to marry.

"Well," Alexia then said. "If it was to be anyone, for me at least, I wouldn't mind seeing you in a dress."

"I do love a good white dress," I laughed.

"You look good in white. It compliments your complexion." I chuckled once more, leaning into Alexia and placing a kiss softly on her lips.

"We can think about that in due time," I then said.

"Well, I want to be the one that proposes," she replied.

"What if I wanted to?"

"Too bad," she retorted, smiling softly, her arms still wrapped around my waist.

After Greece, I took Alexia home. To Boston. When we got onto the flight, she held my hand, kissing it softly as we both looked out onto the seas below.

When we arrived in my hometown, I went to the place I always went.

"Now, this may be weird, what I'm about to do," I said to Alexia, as we walked to my parents' graves.

"Do what you need to," she replied, softly, knowing that this would always be a hard experience for me.

I took her to my parents grave, showing her the names that were laid on it.

Grace Meyer  / Noah Meyer

03/09/1976 - 12/12/2004 . 17/04/1974 - 12/12/2004

Proud parents of Willow, their little girl.

"The mystery of love is greater than any mystery of life."

"Well, Mom, Dad, this is Alexia," I said, cheesily, as I sat beside them. Alexia looked at me, with no expression printed, and just sat beside me.

"Do you normally talk to them?" She asked.

"Yeah, I mean, it's weird but-"

"It's not weird," she replied. "It's beautiful." I smiled at her, and then reached for my pocket. I found the necklace that Jill had given back to me, and rested it on their stone.

"What's that?" Alexia asked.

"A locket," I replied. "They gave it to me when I was little. It has been lost for a while now, but it's here. It belongs here." Alexia rested her head against my shoulder, as we sat on the grass for a while, thinking our thoughts, and feeling our feelings. If there was anyone that could make me feel complete in a moment where I felt empty, it was her.