Chapter 13 - Memories

Hallie's POV

We were up against BK Häken in the third match of the Champions League, and after this game we would be heading into international break.

We were sitting at the top of the table, having beaten both Bayern and Roma, and we wanted to continue that winning streak. After last season, when the team lost in the final against Arsenal, all the girls wanted to fight back and win it this season. I was also so tempted to have my first UWCL trophy. I had such high ambitions and dreams. Even though I was young, I wanted to win. I had a passion and urge to do so. It was the only thing keeping me driving. Well, except for her.

I heard two knocks on my front door, the day before the game.

"Hey," Jessie said, shyly, as I opened the door.

"Well, hello there," I replied back, "come in."

She walked inside, placing her bag on the counter top and looking around my apartment.

"Whatcha doing here?" I asked her, leaning against the fridge.

"Uh, well," she started to say, "not too sure actually."

"Well, I'm happy you're here." She smiled nervously, not meeting my eye. Jessie was a quiet person, and I could tell she was stepping out of her comfort zone to even knock on my front door, let alone come inside.

"Want a drink?" I asked her.

"Sure," she replied, smiling.

"Water? Juice?"

"Water's great," she answered. I took a glass out of the cupboard, filling it up with cold water.

"Want to hear a story?" I said to her, as she sat on the counter top as I passed her my glass.

"Okay," she replied, while I filled up a glass of my own.

"My brother has a girlfriend," I said to her.

"A girlfriend?"

"Yes, and she's my friend. The 'best friend's brother' cliche really is a thing, apparently."
"Oh gosh," she said, taking a sip of her water, "how do you feel about it?"

"Eh, I don't really care," I responded, placing the glass of water on the counter top, and standing in between her legs, "I have bigger things to think about anyways." I placed one of my hands on her thigh, looking up at her soft smile and beautiful freckles.

"I guess you do," she responded, placing the glass of water beside her. I smiled at Jessie, letting her eyes sink into mine. When she's comfortable, she becomes more of herself. More outgoing, less shy. It was refreshing seeing her feel okay in the environment she found herself in. I leant up, placing my lips softly against hers. She reciprocated the kiss, deepening it herself.

"Jess," I said to her, breaking away.

"Sorry," she replied.

"What do you have to be sorry about?" I then questioned.

"Oh, I'm not sure," she responded.

"What I was going to say was do you want to have dinner with me?"

"Dinner?" She questioned.

"Yes, you know, dinner. The thing two people have when they like each other."

"Not sure I'm good with dinner," she said, looking away. I grabbed her chin, turning it to face me.

"You'll be great with dinner. Please?"

"Okay," she answered, wrapping her arms around my neck, "dinner."