Chapter 7 - The Kiss

Hallie's POV

And I kissed her. I didn't think I would do that. I didn't think that I would be so forward about it. I hadn't really thought about my sexuality too much before, nor did I think that I was ready for anything, at that moment in time. But, when I kissed her, a million fireflies were flying around in my stomach. It was everything that I had wanted, in that moment, and she felt that too. I could sense that she felt that too.

But, let's rewind.

Going into the international break was going to be exciting. I was suspecting that I would go with the U23s again, just as I had been doing the past few years, but when I had a phone call from Sarina Weigman, asking me to join the Lionesses in their two matches against Australia, I was ready. I was ready to be a part of the full team. The full lionesses. To be a new defender. To be the new left back.

Lionesses Squad October 2023 - Australia matches

Leah Williamson (c)

Mary Earps

Hannah Hampton

Ellie Roebuck

Millie Bright

Lucy Bronze

Hallie Mount

Rachel Daly

Alex Greenwood

Lotte Wubben-Moy

Jordan Nobbs

Ella Toone

Keira Walsh

Katie Zelem

Georgia Stanway

Fran Kirby

Alessia Russo

Beth Mead

Beth England

Ebony Salmon

Chloe Kelly

Lauren Hemp

Lauren James

"How are you feeling?" Mason asked me, as we sat together at the dining room table for our weekly dinners.

"Mase, I'm shitting myself," I replied, laughing.

"Fair enough," he responded, "I was shitting myself when I got my first call up too."

"How did you handle it?" I asked him.

"Don't overthink it," he answered, "play your game. There is a reason why you are there. There is a reason why Sarina thought you were good enough. You have been incredible, for Chelsea, over the past month, and you deserve this, Hal. You deserve this opportunity."

"What if I fuck it up?" I asked, vulnerably.

"My only advice to you is not to overthink it," he answered. I nodded, knowing he was right.

My phone started to ring, only a few moments later.

Indi

"Hey," I said, into the phone.

"Hello there miss Hallie Mount," she answered, "I just wanted to ring and say how proud I am of you. First call up! Very special."

"Thank you," I responded, smiling.

"Who's that?" Mason mouthed.

"Indi," I mouthed back, and he nodded his head.

"I'll be seeing you in Australia then," she said, over the phone. I chuckled slightly, and nodded my head.