Chapter 14 - Christmas

Indi's POV

After the international break, it was time for Christmas. I was headed to Boston, alongside Kristie and Sam, and Bradie was going to meet us there. It was exciting going back to Boston, and having Christmas with the Mewis', just as I had done only a few years prior. Last Christmas I was at home, for the first time since I was 18, and the year before that I was with Jill, in Holland.

When I looked back on that Christmas, with Jill, with her parents, it filled me with so much joy and regret too. Regret that it had to end that way. Except, in my head, I knew it wasn't the end. More was going to happen, it was just a question of what 'more' even meant.

"So, where are you going again?" Mason asked, as he lay on my bed as I packed my suitcase.

"Boston," I answered.

"Boston?" He questioned.

"With Kristie."

"Oh, okay," he said, looking disappointed.

"It's only a week," I answered, "and I'll be back."

"You could always have Christmas here?" He suggested, looking up at me. I sighed, knowing he was just wanting to spend Christmas together. I walked over to him, placing my hand on his cheek.

"I want to go to Boston, its tradition." He nodded his hand, and I soon went to continue to pack.

I drove over to Sam and Kristie's apartment, as they were driving us all to the airport. When I walked in, it was mayhem.

"Sam!" Kristie shouted, "where is my phone?"

"On the counter," Sam called back, as she was in the other room.

"Hey?" I said, walking up to Kristie, who was frantically packing her bag.

"Hey," she answered.

"You guys ready?" I asked.

"A few minutes behind schedule," she replied, running back into their bedroom. I laughed, sitting on their couch, scrolling through my phone.

I saw a picture of Jill, with her niece, smiling at the camera. Something twinged in my heart when I saw these. Saw these photos of Jill.

"You coming?" I then heard Kristie say. I looked up to see both her and Sam standing at the door with their suitcases.

"Yeah," I replied, turning my phone off, and grabbing my stuff before walking out behind them.

When we arrived in Boston, we headed straight to the Mewis' house, where both Bob and Mel greeted me with open arms. I hadn't seen either of them in a few years now, and to say they were some of the closest adults to me, would be an understatement. When I was away from my parents, they were there for me. When I would rock up to the Mewis house unannounced, they would welcome me with open arms.

"Indi," Mel said, wrapping her arms around me, "we've missed you so much. How have you been?"

"I've been... around," I smiled back to her.

"And Sam," Mel said to Sam who walked in behind me, "how have you been?"

"Good," she answered, giving Mel a soft hug too.

After settling into my room, which was always left vacant for both Bradie and me at the Mewis household, we headed downstairs.

"Where's Sammy J?" Kristie asked her mum.

"With Bradie," she replied.

"Bradie's already here?" I questioned.

"Sam was picking her and then they were doing something before arriving," Mel confirmed. We all nodded our heads, knowing exactly where both Bradie and Sam were off to. Knowing exactly where they both were going to be.