Chapter 6 - Truth or Dare

La Liga F - After Matchday 3

Barcelona ......9 points

Real Madrid ......9 points

Bradie's POV

Going into the International break, we were sitting firm at the top of the table. Real Madrid were on the same number of points as us, but our goal difference was +15 on their +6. We were on a scoring run, with no teams able to limit our ability to hit the back of the net. We were unstoppable. We were strong.

A few days before I was set to fly to the US for the break, some of the girls had planned a little dinner. I was invited, alongside Keira, Lucy, and Alexia to Ingrid and Mapi's apartment. Keira and Lucy were set to pick me up to drive me over, since, as one could suspect, I still had not went out and purchased a car.

"When are you going to buy one?" Lucy asked me, as we drove to the girls' apartment.

"Soon," I replied, looking out the window.

"You really are putting it off, aren't you?" Keira questioned.

"I just don't want to buy one and then not like it or use it."

"Babes," Lucy started to respond, "the amount of times Keira or I have picked you up because you can't get anywhere clearly shows a car would be necessary."

"Fine, after the break," I answered them.

"Great, we can come with you," Lucy added, "I love shopping."

We arrived at the apartment, and went up to the 15th floor.

"Keira, knock!" Lucy commanded.

"You knock," she replied.

"I don't want to knock," Lucy retorted.

"Why isn't someone knocking?" I asked them both, pushing past and placing my knuckle on the door and tapping it two times.

When the door opened, Alexia was standing there. Her brown hair flowing behind her neck, and a smile printing on her face as she saw us.

"Mapi!" Alexia called, "they're here."

"¡Adelante! ¡Adelante!" Mapi shouted over to us, as she stood in the kitchen with Ingrid.

"She says 'come in'," Alexia translated. Keira, Lucy and I walked inside, witnessing, for the first time, Ingrid and Mapi's apartment. From the 15th floor, their view was immense, spanning over Barcelona.

"Jeez," I said to Ingrid, as she saw me looking out, "you guys have an amazing place."

"Thank you," she replied, "It's technically Mapi's but I've claimed it now too." She smiled as she said this, looking over towards her girlfriend who was busy in the kitchen, preparing the food.

Keira and Lucy were talking with Ingrid in the kitchen, while I went out onto the balcony. The cool, October breeze was pressing against my skin, and the sun was setting over in the distant west.

"Hey," I heard Alexia say, walking up behind me.

"Hi," I responded.

"You like it out here?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's nice. Quite calming."

"Where are you for the break?"

"Home. Boston and New York. You?"

"Off to Norway and Denmark," she answered, taking a sip of her beer.

"You don't sound too excited," I commented.