Chapter 45

In the blink of an eye, New Year's Eve is here.

The annual holiday starts on New Year's Eve, but it doesn't make much difference to Xue Yingshuang whether to have a holiday or not. He still wakes up at seven o'clock.

The training course Xing Yun signed up for him has ended. He wants to take advantage of the annual vacation to review the content of the training course and prepare for the next self-examination.

At three o'clock in the afternoon, Xue Yingshuang walked out of the room and wanted to go out to get water, but Xing Yun put on a suit and walked out of the master bedroom while wearing a tie.

He subconsciously wanted to step forward to help Xing Yun tie a tie, but his fingertips only trembled slightly, and in the end he just clenched the cup and didn't move.

"I'm going back for the New Year's Eve dinner." Xing Yun said, "How about you? Tonight? What's the arrangement?"

"As usual, it's time to eat and read." Xue Yingshuang said.

"Oh, I..." Xing Yun hesitated before saying, "I'm leaving."

After Xing Yun left, Xue Yingshuang went back to his room to study. When he raised his head again, it was already dark.

Xue Yingshuang got up and stretched, then picked up the phone to look at it.

There are few people in his circle of friends, but everyone's content is full of joy.

Sliding to Bai Qianyi's circle of friends, Bai Qianyi posted another photo of himself sitting by the window drinking coffee, looking very leisurely. Xue Yingshuang looked at it, but felt that the background was strange and familiar... Seriously? Look, isn't this the living room outside? This photo was taken when Bai Qianyi was still here.

Xue Yingshuang sent him a message: "Happy New Year!"

Bai Qianyi didn't reply. Also, people who are so busy that they can only recharge with previous photos will naturally not have time to reply to him.

Xue Yingshuang walked around the room, and suddenly felt that the room was strangely quiet, especially after Xing Yun left.

Xing Yun is often away from home, and Xue Yingshuang is not a person who is easy to feel lonely, so he should get used to it. However, on such a day of reunion, Xue Yingshuang's mood inevitably fluctuated.

Xue Yingshuang was sitting in the living room, looking at the floor-to-ceiling windows, and couldn't help thinking of the Chinese New Year when he was a child.

Usually, he doesn't like having a bunch of gamblers at home, because in addition to gambling, they also smoke and drink.

However, on the New Year's Day, Xue Yingshuang likes a group of people at home.

Although he didn't know most of those people, but during the Chinese New Year, there were a lot of people at home, and both parents were there, and the noise became lively, which was really good. In particular, his parents would give him a red envelope. Even if the money was not much, he would be stolen back by the two of them if he didn't take care of it, but he was always happy.

Only during the New Year's Eve can he feel that his home does not seem to be much different from other people's homes.

After dropping out of school, he spent every New Year in the factory working overtime.

During the Chinese New Year, he was paid extra for overtime work, and he was homeless, so he could just work hard to earn money to pay off his debts.

Of course, sometimes he would also imagine how he would spend his years in the parallel world.