Chapter 28

During the time when he returned to China, Bai Qianyi lived a simple life.

At half past seven, he put on a white and supple shirt, and sat in front of the large French window in the living room to bathe in the morning sun.

He read the poems of Byron softly, occasionally looking up at the sky outside the window.

Xing Yun's family is located on the upper floor, looking out from the floor-to-ceiling windows, the city has a panoramic view. He looked out the window at the world of the mortal world, his eyes were stained with sorrow, and he fell into contemplation...

The phone rings.

He came back to his senses, looked at the screen, and frowned slightly.

It was a call from a colleague from the United States.

This colleague was two years later than him? He entered the law firm and was considered his junior. The two of them had a good relationship in the past.

But even so, he doesn't talk about any work during the holidays.

His tranquility does not allow anyone to disturb him.

He lowered his head and immersed himself in the world of poetry again.

After a while, the bell stopped, and the living room was quiet.

Unmoved, he turned the pages gently.

After a while, the phone vibrated, and several messages popped up on the screen.

"help me!"

"Help me!"

Out of the corner of his eyes, he caught those few messages, his fingers trembled slightly, and he was busy and looked away.

"I need you!"

"Only you can save me!"

"Brother save me!"

...Fine.

He closed the poetry book, got up and went back to the room, turning on the computer.

Only once, not next time.

The question the younger generation wanted to ask for advice happened to be related to the case that Bai Qianyi had taken over. Bai Qianyi gave it all, teaching experience and coming up with ideas. In the blink of an eye, two hours passed.

"Are there any questions?" Bai Qianyi's mouth was dry, and he couldn't care about it? The coffee on the side was already cold, and he took a big sip.

"You've said so much, naturally? No problem." The other party said, "Next time if you have any questions, can I call you again?"

"certainly."

The other party said, "By the way, how was your vacation? When will you be back?"

Bai Qianyi smiled and said, "No? Go back."

The other party said again: "Come back quickly, if you don't come back, the people behind will catch up, and you won't be able to make up for it no matter how many billablehours you have."

Bai Qianyi: "I need more rest."

The other party: "I've had too much rest and I'm not motivated. I've slept less than three hours a day this week, isn't it? Okay? I'll wait for you to come back, let's dash together!"

It was already ten o'clock when I hung up the phone.

The smile on Bai Qianyi's face has not faded, he closed his eyes, and the brightly lit law firm on the other side of the ocean appeared in his mind. He looked like everyone else in a suit and leather shoes, and the complicated phone calls and hurried conversations sounded faintly in his ears.