Volume 3 Chapter 60: Identity

*Manabu's perspective*

*In a call with Kiyotaka*

"Yes, that's right. There was a significant dent in her educational background. She went to pre-school but after that, there's no academic reiteration or whatsoever. The next educational endeavor she tackled was entering Advanced Nurturing High School. I also checked if she was home tutored but it seems like she went missing the same amount of time she left school." I said.

"I see. I'm finally starting to delineate her real identity. Interrogate my father about his relationship with Maki. Ask him as well about the girl who was rumored to have finished White Room's third generation." Kiyotaka said.

"That's a huge leap of accusation you had. Maki didn't commit any violence as long as I remember. She never show neither physical prowess or prodigious intellect. How can you be so sure that she was that girl?"

"She was the first perfect human, if you look at it hypothetically. She broke the norm in terms of woman's physical and intellectual limitations. You can also say that she's better than me in applying what she have learned in the White Room."

"I'll look into it. However, I feel that what you've just said is true and not just pure hypotheticals. You have another informant, didn't you?"

"You still amaze me through your observations. Yes, I have another informant. He'll let you in the White Room and schedule a meeting with my father without any problem."

"Okay. Just remember what you agree with me. I'll hang up now, jaa." I said then I hung up the phone.

I can't believe that Kiyotaka is having real trouble that he needs to deal with it himself. (He isn't aware that Kiyotaka had been showing glimpses of his capabilities)

*Manabu finally arrived into the entrance of the White Room*

"Good evening. I never imagined that the person Kiyotaka will send was the infamous esquire. Come in." Yagami said.

"So you're the underclassman of Kiyotaka that got expelled." I said as I entered the White Room.

"Actually, I didn't got expelled but it seems like that was the narrative they gave after I left. We're here, please enter. Professor Ayanokoji is inside." Yagami said.

"You know you can't beat me, right? Don't try anything funny." I said then opened the door.

" I said then opened the door

"Oh? Would you look at that. A sudden reunion of an underclassman and her senpai. How wonderful this night can be." Maki said.

"You fooled me?" I said to Yagami but he look just as shocked as I did.

"You've come to ask my father-in-law about my relationship with him, no? Oops, I just said it tee-hee~" Maki said.

"Drop the facade. Kiyotaka has precise estimation about your true identity. You will soon run out of cards to play and you'll have to, whether you like it or not, fight the king." I said.

"That's idealistic of you to think that I will be bothered by you guys knowing my real identity. However, you guys meddling with my plan is a whole 'nother deal. Yagami dear, I'll get to you in a moment. For the meantime, let's spar, senpai." Maki said then lunges herself to attack me.

*Maki and Manabu started physical combat but it looks one sided, Maki with her relentless attacks but Manabu can only parry or evade*

"I'm getting bored senpai. Man up please." Maki said while she's pulling off a Tekken combo on me.

So this is Kiyotaka's female counterpart. She's too strong even for me. Her way of fighting resembles that of a street fighters' and a boxer.

"Hello? Senpai? Are you in there? Haa~ At least you're lasting longer than Ryuen and Albert." Maki said then continues beating me up while I guard up.

"Yagami, why don't you join in as well? Or you can sub out if you want senpai. Your call." Maki said.

"I can sue you for-ugghh-physical assault." I said.

"Funny." She said as she kicked my feet and I fell out of balance.

"Laws don't work inside the White Room. Plus, the air vents are currently emitting state of the art extremely potent gaseous medicines. Your epithelial tissues will heal in no time." Maki said then walks away.

*Fading auditory perception*

"Yagami, you're next in line dear so you better hide now." Maki said.

*Manabu blacks out*

*Shift to Maki's perspective*

"Caught you." I said as I caught Yagami.

*Phone rings*

"Oh? What a surprise. My best friend! How have you been?" I said to Kiyotaka who's on the phone.

"Help!!" Yagami screams then I axe kicked his head then he faints.

"What? Where I have been? You miss me that much?"

"Yes, I met him. It was a wonderful surprise actually. I'm glad you sent him."

"Nice reimbursement my best friend! I have to go now, bye!"

"Fuu~ And that's how I'm gonna answer if Kiyotaka really calls hehe~"

"Hey! Lock these two in." I said to the guards.

Good grief. I went too far again. I thought Kiyotaka started to care for his pawns that he will go himself here. I overestimated his emotions.

*Police siren wails*

"Ugh. Senpai, you crafty bastard." I muttered then escaped.

*Shifts back to Manabu's perspective*

"Ah. My bruise and wounds really healed in a short period of time. I guess the White Room really hides a lot of stuff." I said then sneaked my way to Yagami, Ryuen, and Albert's cells then freed them.

*They traversed a safe escape as the police investigates the place*

"What will happen to our home?" Yagami genuinely asked.

"You don't sound like a White Room student if you act like that." Ryuen said.

"Don't worry. The White Room will temporarily close as a precaution to the police meddling in to their secrets." I said to Yagami.

"But first, let's get you back to the safety of ANHS. Tell Kiyotaka about everything you learned. I'll stay here to handle the situation." I said as I went my way to escort them back to ANHS.

*Shift to Kiyotaka's perspective*

*Loud door banging noises*

"It's the middle of the night you gu-" I said but stopped as I was stunned after seeing Ryuen.

"Maki! She's planning to marry you!" Ryuen exclaimed.

"What!?" Alyssa said who was in Kiyotaka's bed.