Volume 1 Chapter 13: Confrontation

The feat of the man named Kiyotaka Ayanokoji spread like a wildfire. Not only did he outclassed everyone but he set an unbreakable record, the only one that aced a special exam. Almost everyone was shocked by the results except a few people and one of them was Yagami. I confronted him and asked whether he knows who Ayanokoji really was but his only answer was that he know nothing.

"Hmm... Impressive I might say. You lied as naturally as you breathed." A soft voice spoke.

It was Arisu with her thorny remarks to Yagami

It was Arisu with her thorny remarks to Yagami. My mind was still dysfunctional and can not comprehend what she just said. Her verbal onslaught continued.

"Fufufu, you miscalculated, didn't you? Kiyotaka's sudden change in his demeanor surprised you guys. With just a little cold reading and I could already tell whom were the ones plotting against him."

"I didn't know you were that humorous senpai. Even if it's true, your allegations were just based on your observation and doesn't hold that much into your insinuation." Yagami reproaches.

"Your flexible array of response is exhilarating. You're just as good as your background depicts you. Nevertheless, you won't stand a chance against the greatest product your facility had ever produced. You'll always be accounted as the fleeting shadow of the white room. The boy that follows the footsteps of his greatest predecessor." Arisu rebukes.

I still can't process their conversation. Although it's quite visible that the smug energy of Arisu is growing exponentially, Yagami's expression, on the other hand, didn't change that much, he has that everyday face of his that looks like a vibrant boy.

"You're so funny senpai. Your adamant personality seems to have been cracked by Kiyotaka-senpai's variety of arsenals. Does he have something on you? Are you guys dating?" Yagami persistently rebuts.

"Fufufu, your provocation's getting purposely weaker. Although I am not fond of entertaining this type of conversation, I for once will participate in such. Kiyotaka and I aren't dating, our relationship is that of mutualism. Friends with benefits you might say." Arisu smugly answers.

"You know that friends with benefits can be contextualized into se---"

"Chotto fucking matte!! I've been here since this chapter begun, I haven't had my dialogue, and yet you starts disregarding my presence towards the conversation about Ayanokoji's romantic relationship?! Another thing is that Yagami's first name basis with Ayanokoji is tolerable, yet Arisu's first name basis plus without honorifics is just... Just... Just annoying!!! GAAAAAAHHHHH!!"

"Oh dear, I apologise for we had enclosed ourselves into this argumental bubble

"Oh dear, I apologise for we had enclosed ourselves into this argumental bubble. Rest assured that Kiyo---, Ayanokoji doesn't see me that way. He mentioned about a certain someone that he'd like to be with but disclosing her name might be troublesome on my side. Well, that's it for me then. Jaa." Arisu said then walked away.

"I'll be going as well senpai. Although we've lost our bet, I still had fun. Let me know if Kiyo---, Ayanokoji-senpai tells you what the punishment is okay?" Yagami said then walked away as well.

Well that's quick. Oh, and we've lost the bet. The summation and comparison of our scores were 871 of Yagami and I to 932 of my hubby and his teammate. Only a 61 point deficit but a loss is still a loss. I can't believe that Ayanokoji was that academically gifted. He's a genius manipulator based on my observation and background study about him but I never knew he was that smart. What other things can he do? Can he do me emz. I wonder what punishment does my hubby thinks of. I hope he gives it a fair share of thought.