30. Discovery

×

[BTW, for those who don't know, I use she/her and he/him pronouns. The he/him is new, but I realised that despite being female, I like masculine titles. Like when my friends call me king and whatnot... it's pretty cool.]

[So yeah. Defo a girl, but more masculine leaning. I do know for a fact that I hate being referred to as they/them. So yeah :D]

~=×=~

The pair jolted at the sound. Someone was outside, someone could catch them. They'd catch me.

Y/N remembered how abruptly she left, no note, no warning - she wondered if they resented her for that. If they would retaliate, if they would trap her forever. She remembered how suffocating their gazes were, their clinginess becoming binds, their words becoming law. Sapnap and George. You are not the people I want to see right now.

After careful contemplation, the elf gasped. "It's not them. Why would they knock at their own cottage?" She whispered to Echo, who was still steering Wilbur's body. It was strange. She had only seen Echo possess someone else once, at that was her own parents. At least... I think.

Echo- or rather, Wilbur, nodded. "Either way, guest or not, we should hide. If I've learned anything from almost two decades of being alive, it's that people don't tend to like trespassers much."

She agreed and lead them up the stairs and through the halls, searching for the perfect place to hide. Where would no one look? The girl didn't want to simply escape through a back window, for there were things in this house she wanted to discover. So many answers could be laying about... so many questions left unsatisfied.

So many questions yet to be asked. Could she find them here?

Y/N suddenly paused, Echo turning back to look at her. Her hand and all its blemishes hovered over the handle of the door she wasn't allowed to enter. The third bedroom. Who lives here?

"Wait..." Her eyes widened as skin brushed metal, as her hands curled around the handle. "You said, 'it's him! The avocado turd from the painting!' or something like that when referring to Dream, right? Does that mean that this is his room?"

"I'd assume so," knowing the person behind Wilbur's voice was her best friend made her feel strange. It made her feel like a million opportunities had come forth. It's so convincing. If people are unaware of Echo and what he can do... then this could be beneficial.

She pushed open the door and pulled her friend inside, shutting it just as she heard footsteps coming from downstairs. They knocked and let themselves in? Whilst she wanted to know who could possibly be the mystery person downstairs, she didn't bother risking a peek. The room they were in was dark and dusty, a cobweb generously decorating the corner of the room.

Both Elf and possessed Phantom stood still, listening to their breathing, to the clinking of objects moving downstairs, of her heartbeat pounding in her ears. She hated it. She hated the deafening beat of the organ, drumming and drilling until it hurt to hear. The suspense bore its mighty claws into her shoulders, making her bleed and bleed dread until she was drowning in a pool of anxiety. But the person below was unaware. They were oblivious, they didn't notice the drops leaking through the ceiling, her fear dripping down onto the floor below.

Her tongue screamed at the pain of her teeth digging in, such a reaction the result of Echo suddenly placing Wilbur's hand on her shoulder. Head snapping to face him, the possessed Phantom gestured to the room around them. Never mind that, the gesture said, I'll keep watch, you look around. Find something good, won't you?