16. Fly

=-~>×<~-=

[TWO Echo pictures at the end of the chapter - I drew them on Ibis Paint with my finger so I'm quite happy with how they turned out]

[Get ready for a wholesome chapter]

=-~>×<~-=

Y/N was glad to have a break from the constant surprises. First, she woke up in this mysterious forest with amnesia, only for a Sylph like whisp to remind her of her past, then she meets a pair of boys who don't want her to leave, she gets kidnapped by a blonde guy wearing a mask, to be saved again by a couple harpies.

Man, was life interesting.

Although she had just met these two, she felt like she could trust them. She wouldn't put all of her faith in them and just blindly follow them - she wasn't an idiot - but she needed a break from the worry of Dream and the possessiveness of Sapnap and George.

Y/N caught Tommy glancing at Echo's tail, which was now calmly swaying just a tad. The boy's eyes glittered with curiosity and admiration.

Soon enough, they had arrived at Philza's house, which was quite cute and homely. It was a lot bigger than Y/N had expected, and there was a large garden that encased the cottage.

It was situated out of town, on a slight hill with a river running to the right of it and trailing further down. There was a large tree that peered over the river in the back garden, which was brimming with birds.

Philza opened the door for the girl and his son happily. She thanked him and Tommy just nodded.

×

Soon enough, Philza came back into the living room with two cups of tea which Y/N gratefully took. Tommy decided to just drink fizzy apple Juice, which Echo now wanted a can of.

"So," The dark feathered harpie began, "I don't mean to be rude, but uh, what's with the tail?" He asked nervously, wishing to have found a better way to phrase that.

×

Should I tell them the truth? Is it something we really need to hide?

God, you sound like you're coming out or something. Sure, I'm saving my dramatic enterance for the boys though.

What-

×

"Yeah um.. it's a long story. Basically, this is actually my Soul Whisp's tail. They panicked when Dream was about to see them they phased back into me, but because of the rush their tail got stuck so it looks like my own.." Y/N explained, rubbing the back of her neck as Echo silently agreed.

"A Soul Whisp? Wow, that's incredible! They're almost impossible to find! How did you summon them? Are you a powerful mage? If they're a Soul Whisp they'll be around for at least a human's life span! If not more..." Philza rambled. As previously mentioned, summoned whisps usually only live for about a week. When Echo was confirmed to be a Soul Whisp, Y/N was overjoyed.

"Yup! Well, she was a whisp that I had accidentally summoned as baby, but grew to be a Soul Whisp and is now her own person with a conscience. Here- I'll just release her," Y/N explained and held her arm out. Her veins lit up purple showing that Echo's energy was travelling through them, and out came the familiar friend from her fingertips. Echo stuck her tongue out.