13. Captor

!=×=!
TW:

× Blood ×

× Kissing but not really? ×

I'll warn u which paragraphs contain these things. You won't have to skip the chapter!
!=×=!

×

Echo had been gone for quite awhile now. Are they okay? What if something had happened? She should never have upset them. Maybe they'd still be here right now, quoting Anime at inappropriate times.

Y/N continued to wonder, curled up in the far corner of the room, with the thin blanket from the bed draped around her knees. Echo didn't deserve that.

In fact, what if they were telling the truth? Right before she woke up she saw this weird loading animation. What if they're linked together?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a purple flash zooming through the window like a speedy ghost. It landed with a thump and clumsily rolled over to the other side of the room, hitting their head. They were upside down their tail hung above their face.

"Echo! You're okay!" Y/N jumped up from the spot, and watched as the familiar Soul Whisp scramble themselves to their feet. If they had feet.

"Man, that is what I call a landing. Oh, uh I found this. I guess you can have it, b*tch butt," she lazily held up the flower in her magic hands, acting as if she didn't know that Y/N knew what a Camellia signified. She also acted like it wasn't clearly picked and handled with the most care ever, but Y/N pretended not to notice.

"Thank you. Oh! You didn't get seen, right? I don't know what people would do to get their hands on a Soul Whisp.." Y/N delicately took the flower from Echo's hands, and placed it on the bedside table beside her.

Magical creatures that exceeded their normal summoning capabilities were known as Soul creatures. Since Echo was a summoned whisp, which usually last about a week maximum, having just turned eighteen years old and had her own initiative he was the best of the best. Back at home when Echo was two weeks old, Y/N's Mum wanted to sell him to a high mage so that she could buy herself a fancy dress. Only for Echo to immediately phase inside of little Y/N so that he was untouchable.

For a long time, Y/N's mother had tried to get her to summon another whisp, or use any sort of magic, but it wouldn't work. Mainly because Y/N was just a baby and didn't understand anything at the time, but also because conjuring something like Echo is extremely fatiguing. She wasn't able to use magic again for another four years.

"Calm down, nobody was there. Probably." Echo rolled their eyes, not knowing that since they had luminescent eyes with no pupils and iris, this action was undetectable.

Just as Y/N was about to speak, the doorknob wobbled. The pair looked at eachother with panic before Echo zoomed over as fast as she could, quickly phasing back into Y/N's body, returning back to how they were for the previous chapters of the book.

Unfortunately, due to his panic, Echo didn't manage to fully dissolve into Y/N's body. Instead, his long, translucent, purple tail stuck out and it looked like Y/N had a tail. They didn't have time to fix it as the door opened.

A familiar masked man was the one who opened said door, and was rather surprised seeing his 'guest' with a swishing tail and a pink flower by her side. Confusion placed his lips, but it soon contorted into a smug smirk.