5. Gorgeous

~>×<~
TW: There is a tiny bit of swearing but it's from Echo so uh yea

I'll tell you when he/it/they/she (whatever you want Echo's pronouns to be)'s about to swear!
~>×<~

"Woah... you look... gorgeous," He said as he stared at her perfect features.

Y/N flushed at the compliment. Heat rose to her cheeks and she giggled it off.

"Thank you.." She muttered, unsure of how to respond.

"I knew you were gonna be pretty but I didn't expect you to be THAT pretty!" He continued, only now noticing how red he was making her. He couldn't look away, not yet.

Y/N didn't respond this time, but she covered her eyes with her hand as she giggled a little more.

"Hey uh, let's sit here," Y/N tried to change the subject, but with Sapnap's eyes burning through her skull it was quite difficult.

"So uh.. I don't know how many times I've said this, but I really want to thank you. Both you and George. You didn't have to help me, yet you did, and I'm forever in your debt," Y/N continued, sitting down opposite of the raven-haired male, who STILL hadn't taken his eyes off of her.

Finally breaking his gaze, he replied with, "We wouldn't have just left you there. Besides, you've been a great help, with the whole cooking and helping us gather firewood and such."

"Still though, I'll never be able to repay you.." Y/N mumbled loud enough for him to hear, only to be distracted by a young waitress coming in there direction.

She had blonde hair and kind eyes, with a tight waitress uniform on. She smiled as she approached them, and began talking.

"So. Have you decided on what to have?"

"Can I please have a cappuccino?" Sapnap asked, looking up at the waitress, who then turned to Y/N, and her smile grew wider.

"And what can I get for the pretty lady?" Y/N flushed at the compliment, and ignored Sapnap's sour gaze that was aimed at the waitress.

"Can I please have a [favourite hot drink] if that's ok?" Y/N asked, trying to be as polite as possible.

"Of course!" And with that, the waitress winked at the girl and walked back inside.

"What's that look for?" Y/N marveled at how annoyed Sapnap looked. Realising he had the most toxic frown ever, he quickly changed to an embarrassed smile.

"I- nothing," he managed to reply, and avoided eye contact for a bit before his eyes drifted to the ceramic mask attached to the side of Y/N's belt, "Hey, why did you wear the mask anyway? And howcome it's enchanted?"

"Oh, I come from a very magic place. I bought it years ago, and enchanted it awhile back as an experiment. I guess I just prefer having it on," Y/N thought back to her home life, remembering little fragments of what were once full memories.

"What about you? How did you get here?" Y/N asked him, meeting his gaze.

"Oh, uh, I don't remember as much as you do. Wait- howcome you remember so much?" He tilted his head unbeknownst, and raised an eyebrow.

Don't tell him about me yet. I wanna have a dramatic entrance.

"To be honest, I don't really know either. Guess I got lucky," she replied, noticing that he clearly didn't believe her, and had a rather sceptical look on his face.

"Have you seen anyone else here?" He asked, his voice low and suspicious.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean from back at the house."