24. Gorgeous Life

[Fun fact! I mostly write these chapters either in the bath or in bed before I go to sleep!]

!~×~!
TW - blood (just a certain little someone fighting, lol)

Skip the paragraphs with 'TW' if triggered!
!~×~!

~°•○☆×☆○•°~

×

Pink strands of hair lazily fell over his scarlet eyes as he held Y/N close, fingers interlocked in a delicate yet leisurely manner. Up close, Y/N could see each individual flicker of red, maroon and amber amongst the firey swirl that was his iris.

It was much like if someone had taken gorgeously red roses, set them on fire with pink flames and then let them drift through the air towards a sunset. A sharp pupil pierced through hers between long black eyelashes, much like natural mascara.

Jewellery clinked in unison as they moved, dangling from his fingers, wrists, neck and ears lazily with a golden sheen that reminded Y/N of just how important this man was.

"You're staring, my love," his husky voice startled her as he continued to watch her through half lidded eyes.

"I... sorry," was all she could muster to say as she turned her head away and continued to focus on their dance.

They were practicing dancing, just as the king had requested, and she found herself enjoying it far more than she would've hoped.

It's not her fault! The man was practically a model - gorgeous jawline, chiseled and sleek like his cheekbones. Gorgeous eyes; like a sea of rose petals in a galaxy of pinks and yellows. Gorgeous hair; wavy with a mix of blush pink, flamingo and streaks of hot pink at the tips. Gorgeous body; toned muscles that his clothes hugged tightly - white shirt almost bursting at the buttons at his chest. Gorgeous voice; it massaged the back of her mind and traveled through her body like a snake on a bed of beads.

Gorgeous lips; the tone of a ballet slipper with ivory tusks peaking out, plump and soft and shining from the chandelier above.

Y/N frowned. Its an insult to be that gorgeous. Especially since he was annoying.

"What's that look for?" He leaned closer, breath fanning across her neck and voice slithering through her ear like the snake it was, "am I not a good enough dance partner?"

Y/N glared at him with a smirk. "So what if I say yes?"

She let out a squeak of surprise when he suddenly twirled her, calloused hands gripping onto hers tightly before loosening and continuing the dance.

"Words hurt," he cocked his head to the side, "Don't forget your place..."

Y/N felt frustration bubble up inside of her. She was not one to be belittled.

"... my concubine."

"I'm worth more than that."

The sentence left her lips before she realised - apparently Echo had left an imprint on her personality. Thanks a lot, Echo, I sound like a hothead.

Or maybe someone with some self respect.

"Oh..? Are you, now?" He leaned down, his forehead touching hers, and gazed lazily into her eyes. Such little effort, such drastic effect.

"And just how much are you worth?"

Y/N contemplated her next answer. The skin that touched his felt hot, but she ignored it. No time to feel attracted to a very attractive man right now.