4. The Mask

"Hey Y/N! What's that?" Sapnap strode into the quaint living room, seeing the girl curled up on a couch with a book and a pencil in her hand.

"My sketch book. I'm just doodling," she replied, only taking her eyes off of the paper when she finished her sentence.

"You draw?" The amber-eyed man looked genuinely interested. The H/C female nodded with a smile.

"You're so talented Y/N!" Sapnap pretended not to notice the heat rise to her cheeks. She softly shook her head.

"Not really... besides, you haven't seen any of my drawings anyway," She replied shyly as Sapnap sat down beside her, the smile not leaving his lips.

"Well... may I see?" Y/N was a little startled by this, but she basically asked for it.

"Well- I... er- you know what? Sure," she didn't usually show her drawings, but it didn't matter anyway. It would be polite to let him see, since he did ask.

She turned the book in his direction, revealing a carefully sketched Chinese dragon. It was actually properly shaded, and the detail was immaculate. Sapnap raised his eyebrows, and his mouth dropped open.

"You drew this?" The dragon was incredible; he didn't expect her to be that good.

"Uh- well, yeah," she closed the book, and put her pencil in her pocket.

"Hey... why don't you come with me to the village and we could get you art supplies?" He offered as his admiration for her grew stronger. He really just wanted to be with her alone, since George was always nearby.

"Oh that won't be necessary, but thank you," she smiled at him, "besides, I'm still in your debt. You guys saved me and let me stay here, so it isn't fair if you start buying me things,"

"Come on... of course we had to save a pretty lady like you! It would be my pleasure," he continued, waiting for any sign of a 'yes'.

"Sapnap-"

"Please, call me Nick," he was staring at the mask she wore; despite only being able to see her nose down, he could tell she was extremely pretty. This only wanted him to take it off more.

"Oh... um.. okay?"

"If you don't want to get more things, why don't you just come to the cafe with me? I'd say that's fair," his smile turned from kind to smug, and almost demanding. It was as if his offer wasn't an offer, and rather it was an order.

Hold on, I think I know what this is. Does he want to go on a date with you? Damn. Lucky.

"Are you... asking me on a date?" Y/N asked, careful not to directly copy Echo's words.

"Sure," He stood up, and turned to her, "I think that would be fun. Besides, you've probably fallen head-over-heels for me by now," he joked as he winked, and walked towards his room. Y/N giggled.

She picked up her book, brushed some strands of hair out of her face, made her way towards the guest bedroom.
As she turned the corner, Y/N almost bumped into George, who was waiting outside of the door, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Are you seriously going on a date with Sapnap?" He scowled, envy crawling up his face.

"Well... I guess you could call it that. He asked, and it would be rude to say no," Y/N watched as the brunette's foot-tapping picked up pace.

"You can't!" He finally stopped, but his folded arms tightened.

"Why... not?" Y/N carefully thought about what was going on. It was just a friendly little hangout.. it was barely a date. Why was he so mad?

"Because! He hasn't even seen your full face; and now he's asking you on a date? That's not... fair," He gripped his shirt; creases spreading across the blue clothing.

"I'd barely call it a date. Besides, I'll take it off," she pointed to the cream-coloured mask, that was delicately placed on her forehead.

George's mouth hung open, as if he was about to say something, but refrained himself. She watched as his eyes explored her face, and through the 'eyes' of the mask. He sighed, and walked past her, but his eyes never left the female.

She opened the door, and swiftly but silently shut it behind her. She walked to the window, and pondered her next move.

She can't stay in this house forever. It doesn't make sense, and quite frankly, she didn't want to. The boys were so demanding. They had to make sure where she was at all times, and it felt as if she were caged.

Maybe she could get a job in the village. She could use the money to rent out an apartment, and then she could leave. She'd be able to repay them!

Hey.

Does the village have a library?

Maybe there are some books about how you got here or how you can leave!

You don't remember?

I only remember our personal past. Do I look like Dumbledore? Don't answer that.

You probably did something stupid.. but that doesn't matter. What was up with Big Goggles?

I don't know. It was weird. I can't believe I'm going on a date with Sapnap.. crazy, huh.

Hey, what happened with Shlatt?

Uh, after you shined the sun in his eyes, he realised you were gonna be a problem with him. So he left, I don't know where he went though.

Oh, okay. Thanks, Echo. What would I do without you?

You'd probably be dead. You're welcome.

~>×<~
Time Skip
~>×<~

"Wow, this is a nice cafe!" Y/N peered up at the restaurant. It was cute, with flowers and the smell of shortbread drifted through the air.

"I told you. Now for your part. Please, may you take off your mask?" Sapnap's gaze was filled with admiration.

"Alright, it's only fair," Y/N brought her dainty hands to the cusp of her mask. She gently took it off, and adjusted to the light, before looking at Sapnap.

"What do you think?"

~>×<~
1015 Words
~>×<~