10. Masked Monster

°•《○×○》•°

×

His voice was smooth, but deep. Even Echo was silenced. The urge to turn around and face this person was dominated by fear. He must be why George and Sapnap deemed this forest dangerous.

Perhaps she's being too over the top? This is probably another person like Ranboo. But then... why is Echo staying silent?

Deciding to just turn around, she was faced with a somewhat... familiar figure. He was a man, in quite the confident pose, with his arms crossed and his hips jutting out to the side.

His clothes were a mix between a forest and lime green, accompanied by many belts, chains and straps that hold daggers and other assortments. Worn, Leather boots covered his feet, which were in a "my guard is up" stance.

But of course, that's not what Y/N could focus on. It was the smooth, ivory mask that covered the top half of his face, much like her own. Only then did she realise how vulnerable she is right now. How could she have been so stupid? No. She could still defend herself, and she still had Echo.

It wasn't the mask itself that was unnerving. Rather, it was the poorly drawn smile that was etched into the material. It burned an unfamiliar glare into her skull, the emotion was undetermined. Well, partly undetermined. She could still see below his nose, and that smug, cocky grin was taunting her.

"Who are you?" Don't show your fear.

Thanks a lot, Echo. I need some moral support right now.

No answer. Where are they?

"Mmm... just as I suspected. You really are something else..." he muttered, allowing his voice to trail and have a low hoarse effect. He didn't move, but Y/N could tell that he was prepared to.

"What... do you mean..?" Y/N shifted uncomfortably on the rock she was sitting on. This person was very different to Ranboo.

He unfolded his arms and straightened his posture, but remained leaning against a tree, "You didn't answer my question, Princess. What are you doing here? At this time of night as well..."

Princess? Who does he think he is? That's it.

×

Leave.

Leave.

Leave.

Leave.

Leave.

Leave.

Leave?

Leave.

×

Echo... you're back!

I'm sorry.. I blacked out. Pretty sorry excuse for a protector.. eh?

Don't worry about it. I'm glad you're okay.

×

"Oh! That reminds me. I should go now... thanks," she got up from where she was sitting and began to walk past him, only to be stopped my his arm.