19. Commotion

~<°•×•°>~

Fundy had no idea where to start. I mean, he had done this countless times before - finding a missing person, even if it's someone he's never met. That's what detectives do, right?

Except he's not a detective. Everybody assumes that about him... although he's not complaining. He enjoyed attention more than anything as he didn't get a lot of it as a kit*.

[Fun fact: Fox babies go by multiple names; Cubs, Kits and Pups.]

Being a Kitsune, he was skilled in finding things as his senses were heightened. This means he was able to track people by smell alone, although it did have it's drawbacks.

Part of that lead to him hating people. He hated the way they smelled. The way they sounded. The way they acted. How inconsiderate they were. There was only a rare few exceptions, and they were his close friends.

Niki had asked him to look for some girl named Y/N, at first he had refused, however the sad pouty face Niki gave pulled at his heartstrings. I suppose I can help find this mysterious girl...

"So... can you tell me about this person so that I have something to build off of? Basic appearance, habits and relationships.." he listed the information he needed to hear, unfortunately Niki wasn't able to be too detailed since she didn't know Y/N too well, however still managed to help Fundy a little. And also intrigued him.

A [E/C] girl who likes to draw huh? Seems kinda ordinary-

"Oh, and she also has sharp canines, slit eyes and a pair of [F/C] horns," Niki added, causing Fundy's interest to pique.

Well scrap ordinary. I wouldn't be surprised if she had some sort of magical spirit companion living inside of her at this point, Fundy chuckled to himself.

×

One hour in had felt like twelve.

Weeks.

The constant suggestive glances from customers to the sly grin Quackity gave, Y/N was ready to rein hell upon these lands.

If it weren't for Sam's reassuring looks that Y/N could catch, she probably would've been in an even worse state.

Who would've thought being a waitress to some dumb casino would take such a toll on you. Although, after a while she realised that that was the point. It was Quackity's revenge - making her work in a place that seems fine, and then destroys any ounce of hope for a good time.

Perhaps there was a way to combat this? Turn it around so that there is a way to make this painful for them?

Although, that idea is rather risky since Quackity would most certainly retaliate.

...

Unless it wasn't her that causes the commotion?

×

Fundy smelled the forest air. He loved the different scents of nature's fine collection; morning dew on grass, mountains covered in flowers, meadows surrounded by bees and lakes that were more fresh than any other drop of water for miles.

So when a new scent caught onto the mix, he was pleasantly surprised. Niki obviously didn't have a strong of a nose as him, but she said that she smelled of caramel and lavender. He thought that was just a cheesy admiration filled exaggeration; but when the soft fragrance of something of that sort filled his senses, he was addicted.

They say animals can sense if you are a bad person. They can hear your Sins- and smell your intentions- feel your fears.

That wasn't necessarily accurate, however Fundy could sense something along those lines.