18. Imps

♤■___■♤

×

Echo, who was startled by the sudden noise, jumped out of the sofa and fell onto the floor with a loud THUD.

She gave Y/N a look of confusion, who returned the feeling. Who would be knocking on their door, at this time nonetheless? Could it be Dream-?

Do they need to run? Should she grab a weapon?

Her panicking thoughts were interrupted by the knocking again, this time louder and more persistent. So, with a lamp in hand, Y/N slowly opened the door with anxiety rising up in her chest.

"Hello..?" Y/N braced herself for the worst, expecting to see a raging masked hunter.

Well, it wasn't a raging masked hunter, but he didn't look particularly pleased.

"Hey, you the chick that stole my wallet?" He asked with folded arms- a rhetorical question.

A dark blue sweat-jacket with the collar popped up along with black trousers was the familiar outfit that Y/N could recall the man she pickpocketed wearing. Although, she was greeted with pitch black sunglasses which was new, as well as the very mild smell of beer that reminded Y/N of her father.

However, this guy was most certainly not drunk- or even tipsy. His black hair was slightly windswept and messy, and his beanie was pushed back a little revealing more of his soft locks. He had tanned skin, and now that she was up close, she could see a small earring on one of his ears which had what looked like a gambling chip.

"I- erm-" Y/N could feel blush creeping up her face in embarrassment. She wasn't expecting to be caught.

"Everything alright?" Echo called from inside the room, causing Quackity to raise an eyebrow. He wasn't expecting company.

"Yeah; I'll be back in a bit just wait here," Y/N called back before stepping outside and closing the door. She turned to face Quackity, "Yeah, um, I'm really sorry about that. Here, have it back."

She passed him his wallet which had previously been sitting in her hoodie pocket. Shuffling nervously, Y/N waited for his response.

Quackity looked though his wallet for a wee while before facing her again, "I'm seven coins short."

"I- uh yeah, sorry about that. I kinda needed to spend it... heh," Y/N continued to nervously fidget with her hands, refusing to meet his gaze.

Although, something caught her eye. A black, leather like pointed devil tail seemed to slowly sprout from Quackity's lower back, curling and twisting until it was around four feet long, perhaps a little less. Was he some sort of demon?

"Hmm... that simply won't do. I could send you to the càrcel..." a sly grin spread across his face,

"But I have a better idea."

×

Sapnap was mad.

He wasn't angry, raging kind of mad.

It was the kind of mad where you can feel your sanity seeping through your skin, slowly being drained and sucked out of you into an eternal abyss which would eventually swallow him whole, too.

It was the kind of mad where as the seconds go by, he felt himself become more and more twitchy. More desperate. It was a sickness, really, and he was aching for his cure. He would do anything to get his cure.