21. Trade

○▪︎~×~▪︎○

×

Y/N froze. The smooth yet surprisingly raspy voice sent an unwanted shock wave of familiarity that felt like a ragged blade was being dragged down her spine mercilessly.

A rough and calloused hand rested on her shoulder with immense purpose. His nails gripped onto her as she heard him come closer, to the point where she could feel him directly behind her. Y/N could practically smell the crooked grin tugging at his coral pink lips.

"Mmm, I see you've caused a little trouble now, haven't you?" he purred, his voice flowing into her ear.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Why don't you go get your memory checked whilst I leave?" Y/N suggested with a fading smile.

"I don't think so, darling. Can't have what happened to demon boy over there happen to me, now, can I?" His breath pushed a few stray hairs against her head.

Y/N wasn't going to take any chances. A surge of magic raced down her veins, storming towards her fingers with a burning sensation. It definitely wasn't a good idea using this spell twice so soon, however she had partly forgotten that she can't simply summon lightning anymore.

Well, paralysis is still helpful. It just hurts like hell to use.

She jolted and slammed her palm into the man's side, jamming as much electricity as possible. Unfortunately, his clothing seemed to prevent the electrical charge from touching his skin, stopping the paralysis' effect, however the force from the spell sent him backwards. He crashed into the wall with a grunt of surprise, and Y/N didn't hesitate to bolt away.

However, the recoil seemed to be worse this time, as her skin radiated a sizzling sound. She wanted to double over and cry in pain, but there was no time for that. Her arms felt like they would melt, or even explode. Y/N gritted her teeth and continued to swiftly escape.

A muscular arm latched around her waist and pulled her back into an equally muscular torso. She could feel the frustration radiating off of the hard chest, however it soon faded away into something else.

A cold blade was felt gently resting against her neck, ready to strike if she made the wrong move.

"Well," the gruff voice held surprise, "I wasn't expecting that."

"Congratulations. What do you want me to do? Give you a prize?" Her sparky retort was followed by a chuckle coming from the man.

"No need to be like that, darling. Besides, I don't think my friend would appreciate that," he shifted so that she could walk, however the blade was still against her neck and his other arm was gripping onto her own, "walk."

With a huff, Y/N did what she was told. "I don't understand how I can be payment for this friend of yours."

Dream chuckled darkly. "Well, I think I may have explained this before. I need a whisp for a spell we're casting, and he needs... hmm, I don't want to spoil the surprise."

The street was dark now, and Y/N was led back to the Inn. She prayed to whatever devine gods that watched from above would send a signal to Echo to come help her.

I wonder how Echo is doing.
×

<>~=×=~<>
Echo P.O.V
<>~=×=~<>

×

Achoo!

Echo let out a sneeze, covering her face with her hands and then proceeding to float to the sink to wash them

Is someone talking about me?

Truth was, Echo had slept like a baby for the amount of time Y/N was out. She finished her werewolf story and was pleasantly surprised that it was different than the others. That's rare.

Echo gazed out the window. Despite being a rather lazy creature, they were extremely fit. A set of rock hard abs adorned their stomach area and muscles and veins flexed when they curled their arms.

An interesting fact about whisps is that since they have no gender, they can switch forms from feminine to masculine. Currently, Echo had a feminine form, however she could look like a man if she wanted to.

I wonder how Y/N is doing? Eh, she's probably fine.
×

》<~>×<~>《
Y/N POV
》<~>×<~>《

×

Y/N was in fact, not fine.

Dream sat directly beside her, toned hands curled around her wrists defensively. His fingerless gloves had bits of blood stained into the black fabric, only made visible by the harsh yellow light of the Inn.

Echo is upstairs. I just need to signal to them-

Suddenly, the great wooden door that belonged to the Inn flung open, and a large muscular figure strode in, their hood covering their eyes.

They had perfect posture that held confidence, and a black cloak covered their face from view. They elegantly made their way towards the pair, and Y/N felt the pit of dread pooling in her stomach multiply to a tsunami of dread.

Brown leather boots that were finely polished reflected the refined posture, other than the head which hung low to avoid recognition. Whispers began to fog the atmosphere around the tavern area, however it soon died down to white noise that buzzed in the background.

Sitting down opposite them, the stranger waited expectantly for introduction. Their arm rested on the table, and Y/N could see a variety of golden rings decorating their fingers, along with two large full finger shields, which looked much like claws.

Y/N gulped. At least he was rich, right?

"Dream," a monotone and rough voice greeted.

Dream smirked deviously, "Ah my old friend, how have you been?"

Dream's friend grunted in response, ignoring him. "I don't see any whisp. Who is this?"

"Ah, well," Y/N could feel both of their gazes drift to her. Dream continued, "I believe this girl is part whisp."

"I'm not," Y/N denied, "I'm just a regular elf. Nothing special."

She was most certainly not a regular elf, but that wasn't important right now.

"Oh really? Then what was with the whisp tail that you had earlier?"

"That... I don't recall that. You must be hallucinating. Perhaps you really do need your mind checked, Avacado Turd," Y/N spat the words out like they left a bad taste on her tongue.

The hooded figure let out a chuckle, which morphed into a rupture of laughter. Dream frowned, but masked it with another grin.

"Fine then, but you're still payment. I'll just find another whisp," Dream turned back to the stranger, suddenly smiling wide.

"Here is your payment, old pal. She's perfect for you...

...Technoblade."

○▪︎~×~▪︎○

[Sorry it took so long! I'm super busy IRL haha]

~=×=~
1103 Words
~=×=~