Chapter Twenty-Four

~

Recap;

"No fucking way.."

"I told you..."

"Last night..."

So many voices floated over me at once, I tried my best to ignore them as I slow my tempo in kissing and pulled back after a moment to catch my breath.

My hands come back down to hip level and instead grips the hand that somehow left my hip a while ago, and it had just been me and my body's entire response to the pushing of my body against his so roughly.

Oh, what the hell have I done now?

~

Chapter Twenty-Four

I pull away from Holten and turn towards the crowd still cheering us on and asking many questions at once.

"So, how long have you guys been together?" Jade asks, her strawberry blonde hair swooping down into her face, her big bright pink glasses seeming even brighter in the harsh light of the chandelier.

"We're not putting a label on things, just trying things out." Holten shrugs nonchalantly, but the other hand that had been on my cheek had fallen to my hip, and upon uttering that sentence I felt his hands tighten a little over my skin.

My heart swells in my chest upon hearing how quick Holten is to interject and help me, I guess now I have to face the consequences of kissing him in front of people, and it wasn't a lie.

We haven't labeled this other than getting to know.

We haven't chosen to be exclusive or committed.

Not that I would choose to be now anyway, I was way too confused about both to be in a relationship with one.

My heart also crumbles a little in my chest knowing the obvious hurt and pain I was driving into Holten, and my body instantly curls into his. The side of my body was completely touching the side of his body. I hugged him to me, cocooning myself into him.

Holten had responded by lifting his other hand and taking my right hand in his, intertwining my fingers in between his. He stood behind me, half hugging me from the back while holding my hand with the other.

My heart starts to hammer in my chest, my breathing intensifies as Holten's warmth surrounds me, his own heart was racing in his chest, it thudded very strongly and loudly against my body echoing in my ear.

The fact that Holten's heart was racing as fast as it was, meant he was feeling the same thing I was.

Or at least that's the way I was going with it.

"Well you guys make a cute couple," Jade observes and gives us a wave as she turns towards the crowd and strikes up a conversation that flits their attention to her.

I don't pull away from Holten, however, my body is more alert and so was my sixth sense of a sort, I felt Caiden's eyes staring dagger at me.

He and Marley were the only two who hadn't left the room once everyone else had. I could hear them, wrapped in each other, making sickening moans and groans of pleasure, it wasn't far off from what Holten and I were doing, but at least we had the decency to save the moaning and groaning for the bedroom.

I avoid looking at them and glance up at Holten, turning so I was at a ninety-degree angle to face him, "I researched this place before I got here, it has a small little tuck-away cozy place, are you interested?" I ask, my heart going wild in my chest, but it was my nerves acting up.

My jealousy was making me nauseous now, and on the verge of panic attack mode, I needed to get Samson and go to a quiet place.

Holten's lips turn up into a smile, his green eyes shining brightly with happiness, "For you Trainwreck, I'd go anywhere." He cheekily replies.

A blush starts at the base of my neck and crawls around as Holten twists his hand out of mine and grips my hips with both hands, pulling me in and wasting no time capturing my lips in his.

My arms come up, instantly wrapping around Holten's neck, but I am already pushing my body away from him.

"I am going to grab some wine I brought. I'll be right back down, the tucked away space is outside, in a small pathway, it turns into a bridge that leads to linked treehouses in the woods. You couldn't have imagined what it looked like in the pictures, it was so pretty, but there is a catch." I say, a euphoric haze settling over my voice as I talk about the magnificent treehouse that sat on the land.

The tuck-away space, which was really just a popular treehouse around here, sits on the other side of a bridge of sorts, and it was a spiral staircase linking all parts of the treehouse.

Holten sucks in a breath, but the happy teasing glint never leaves his bright green eyes, "What catch?"

"Would you want to pack your bags and come stay with me for four nights?" I ask, peering up at him.

"Trainwreck, I told you I'd follow you anywhere," Holten says, his deep voice vibrating through our almost touching chests.

It came with the property of the cabin, but it was a known landmark around here and sometimes attracted tourists. In this treehouse you could either rent or pay to stay, there was a touchpad with a card slider.

You can choose one of three options, rent the treehouse for a night, which is one twenty, a week is two hundred, two weeks is five hundred even and one month is a thousand.

You put your information in the card slider and touchpad, check it, slide your card in, and all your info is transferred to the people who run the treehouse which is separate from the cabin, yet becomes yours when you rent the cabin until someone rents one of the two rooms in the treehouse and then you cannot go back in or around the bridge until that persons stay is up.

It was all unique and amazing and very new to me, I never knew something like this existed, but I rented a week myself in the treehouse and wanted to tryit out.

When I did do that you ask? Before I came on this trip, I rented it the night I got here, which was only days ago. Three days to be exact, which means I only have four days left.

"Then let's go." I say with my heart full, bursting at the seams with warmth.

I think I'm going to pack my bags, see if Holten would like to stay with me, and travel to and fro the treehouse until my time is up.