Chapter Five

~

Recap;

This summer should be perfect training for him, with more than fifteen people that showed up.

"Get your ass down here before we drink all the booze!" Marleys says and then yells at the end of her sentence, "And Samson, I actually haven't seen Samson, I thought he was upstairs with you." Marley says making my stomach drop instantly.

Where the hell did my dog go?

~

Chapter Five

I wander the halls on my way down, the endless stairs were quite agitating. I don't think I've ever gone up and down so many stairs in my entire life, well. So far at least. 

I the idea of claiming the attic room, but why can't they build elevators inside big cabins like this, there is so much space to roam, they should have called this a mansion instead of a damn cabin. 

I walk down the back stairs in the living room and hear the chatter of a lot of voices chiming in all at once and turn around to look out the side deck to see Samson and Caiden of all people. 

Samson was on a collar and leash, not the one I brought as that was laying on the bed in the attic and Caiden was sitting on a white porch chair, ruffling through Samson's fur. Caidens usual closed face was open with warmth and love as he stares down at Samson, brushing his fingers through his fur. 

I stand there, for a moment and even at this distance I could see the twinkle of the light blue in his eyes, his lips turn up into a smirk as he leans down to wrap his arms around Samson, giving him a hug. 

Caiden leans back and rests against the chair and I get a full view of his chest. 

I wasn't expecting it and jump, my eyes transfixed upon the rippling muscle and toned body he had. Caiden was not skinny, but semi-thick, and had hard muscle coating his upper body, his blonde hair tousled to the side and shorts dawned his lower half. 

When I jump, I end up jumping back into the chair, I didn't realize I had walked in front of just staring at Caiden, making a loud scraping noise. The noise startles Caiden and his head shoots up, his wide eyes settling on me and they turn a degree or two up as his stare starts to make heat crawl up my face. 

I duck my head and step forward, staring at Samson as I walk up to the fully open doorway leading to the side deck. 

I gulp and find I could not finish my gulp as the first round of shakes hit my body violently, my panic attack. 

I suck in a tingly breath and find I could barely breathe, and I cough out my breath, my lungs already on fire. I was trying to hold out my attack for as long asI could. 

My knees tremble and threaten to collapse under me. 

Caiden goes to stand up, but I shake jerked my head to the side and parted my lips, "No. Samson!" I say, calling him to my side.

I could barely breathe but thankfully got out the words before Caiden could interrupt the training for Samson and a lifesaver for me. 

I needed Samson. Upon life or death, because my attacks are so severe, if he was never there for me one attack, I could possibly die. He is the only thing to calm me down now, because my attacks have progressed as much as they did.

Samson without hesitation comes flying to my side, smelling my hand and I hold it up for him, palm up. 

Just like we practiced.