Chapter Fifteen

~

Recap;

"Are you going to drink your margarita Rave or stand there blushing?" Marley is the one to break me out of my trance-like state with my beginning to be deep depressing thoughts.

I ignore Marley, but wade to the side of the hot tub and grab my drink, but when I turn around to take a sip I look up and lock eyes with Caiden.

His bright blue eyes were a stormy dark blue almost black, his nostrils were flaring and his face broke out in red blotches.

Oh no.

~

{Authors Note}

I changed it a little while ago, and still have yet to go back and edit it, but Raven's eye color is now green.

Also the updates will be a little bit shorter but will have a fair amount of spicy drama!

Thank you and enjoy!

Chapter Fifteen

I finish the sip of the margarita, the sip lasting a little longer than a normal little sip, and I end up downing most of it.

Marley switches from beside me to Caidens other side as he approaches us, which causes Caiden to turn and rest up against the wall of the hot tub. Beside me.

My eyes widen a few fractions, my heart thumping triple-fold as I turn back to face the center of the pool and could feel the heat emanating from him.

I gulp, feeling my throat close slightly making it hard to let audible words pass through my lips, but after I took a large gulp and a few more steady breaths, I could finally stop having an internal heart attack.

"Sorry, Marley." I say briefly, bringing the margarita back to my lips and drinking the rest of it down.

"Sorry for what? That was hot. I think I may be into voyeurism." Marley jokes, her voice light and bubbly.

My head swivels with a horrified expression I knew was written on my face from the humor that sprang onto Marley's face.

"Jesus, I was kidding!" Her hands fly up and her eyebrows nearly shoot to her hairline as she shakes her head, "But it was hot. You should totally hook up with him." Marleys says tossing back her blonde strands and taking a sip of her darkly concocted drink.

"Marley stop." Caiden says and shifts uncomfortably.

Our arms brush up against each other and then, our hand's touch, I gulp again when my heart stutters in my chest.

"What is the matter with you Caiden? Jesus, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous." Marley takes a sip of her drink, completely unaware of what she said was true.

It was true, by the subtle glare, Caiden throws across the hot tub at Holten, whom I still have yet to make eye contact with, and by the tenseness of Caidens upper body, and the dark expression surrounding his face.

But I knew she meant

"If I knew you were going to be like this, I would have dragged Rave to the pool and had our girl gossip over there. I'm allowed to tease my best friend and get to her loosen up. Don't be jealous baby, you know I only have eyes for you." Marley ends her argument by throwing her arms around Caiden and practically cooing in his face.

Although I wasn't looking directly at them, I could see through my peripheral vision I could see Caiden smile, flashing his white teeth, before reciprocating the hug and they smash their lips together in a fast motion.

'I think I'm going to be sick.' I think to myself and whirl around to face the unknown alcohol bottles on the ground by the hot tub and pool that Holten set down.

Speaking of.

I turn my head, glancing around over my shoulder to see where Holten was, he was about twenty feet away at the far side of the hot tub, chugging his unknown bottle.

My skin starts to tingle just watching him looking into the far distance, his eyes had a faraway look to them, he seemed deep in thought.

As if he could feel eyes on him, Holten snaps out of his trance and his eyes wander around the surrounding area, until they settle on me.

Our eyes meet and a jolt runs through my body, my heart picks up speed and my face collects heat that started to build as the seconds ticked by that we were locked in a heated stare.

Without breaking eye contact, I jerk my head towards the bottles, asking if I could have one, and then motioned towards him, further asking him if I could join him.

Holten's lips turn up into a mischievous grin and nods his head knowing what I was asking I was glad he understood because I really didn't want to look like a fool for playing an unannounced game of charades from across a twenty-five-foot hot tub and pool duo.

I smile and turn around to grab one of the bottles, I turn back around to face Holten and take a step forwards when I feel a hand wrap around my right wrist.

My eyes widen into saucers and fall back onto the side of the hot tub and feel Caidens heat pressing up against me, the sides of our bodies almost touching. He and Marley unwound from each other and pulled their faces away giving themselves a respectable amount of distance.

"I gotta run to the bathroom," Marley says, hopping out of the hot tub and disappearing inside the cabin.

Caiden's fingers unwound from my wrist, "Ravenlyn I-"

"Please Caid just-"

"Caid? I can work with that." Caiden chuckles and I had had enough.

"What are you doing?" I say, half turning to him and severing my eye contact with Holten's rather confused face.

I felt torn.

I did not know what I wanted to do.

My body and heart wanted to crumble and stay glued next to Caiden, but they both wanted to stand next to Holten as well. I yearned to be back inside the warmth of Holten's arms, but I had longed for Caidens arms so much the lingering tingles weren't going away.

Is it possible to not just be attracted but like more than one person like this?