Chapter Thirty-Four

Anastasia (Aria) POV:

"We're going home today." Anya squeals with excitement after barging into the room I'm currently doing tummy time in.

It startles the crap out of me. Literally and figuratively. I jump in fright, inadvertently hitting my chin on the floor. Before I have time to stop myself, a large cry escapes my mouth. Pain radiates up my chin and into my mouth where I bit my tongue.

Anya comes rushing towards me, looking like a million dollars. Her black hair is straightened to perfection and she wears a ripped pair of jeans with a tight white shirt.

I'm picked up off of the floor by her while I cry my little heart out. "Oh no, baby girl. Mommy didn't mean to startle you. Let me take a look at it." Anya coos, using her thumb to pull my bottom lip down to asses the damage.

"What happened? I didn't see." Maxim stands from where he was seated on the floor next to me, discreetly sliding his phone into his pocket.

Yeah, he didn't see because he wasn't paying much attention in the first place.

"I scared her and she hit her chin on the floor. She bit her tongue too, but there's just a small cut. Not too much to be concerned about."

"My poor baby." Maxim coos, holding his arms out to take me from Anya.

I stick my lip out, leaning closer to the woman. She needs to believe that I'm still in this baby mindset. I have to be consistent with leaning more towards her for now. That's the only way she's going to believe it worked.

"Okay, peanut. Mommy will hold you. You can stay with me."

"I miss when she was a Daddy's girl." He grumbles, clearly unhappy that I'm leaning into Anya for once.

"She was never either of ours. She's truly our baby now, though, so she learned to look towards her Mommy for comfort. Which is only natural." Anya shrugs and turns around, heading towards the changing table.

She lays me down, stripping me out of my shorts and unbuttoning my onesie. One quick diaper change later, and we're walking into the living room where a nurse is standing beside my car seat.

"Why don't you nurse her before you go, Anya? It's a long drive home and we don't want her being hungry the whole way." The nurse advises, coming over to try and tickle my belly.

I turn away from her, whining into Anya's skin. She shushes me while patting my back.

"Are you hungry? Mommy has some milky for you. You're probably starving."

She sits, draping me across her lap as she lifts her tee shirt, popping open the latch on her nursing bra. After peeling back the cup, her breast is revealed. It looks engorged and swollen, triggering my baby instincts.

I giggle, kicking my legs out while smacking my lips. Anya chuckles at my antics, pulling me closer to her chest. Reaching up, I grab her breast possessively while trying to latch on.

"Goodness, greedy girl. Mommy is going to help you." Anya gently grabs her breast, guiding her nipple to my awaiting mouth.

I latch on noisily, sucking greedily. Sweet milk bursts onto my tastebuds, slowly filling my stomach with each mouthful. All the while, Anya stares down at me contently while playing with my hair.

Time passes in a blur as I finish my meal. By the time I'm nearly done, my eyes are having trouble staying open and my stomach is extended.

"You nearly emptied me, peanut. I'm going to have to pump my other one. Mommy doesn't need lop-sided boobies." She whispers, lifting me up onto her shoulder to burp me.