Chapter Six

My body is startled awake by the sounds of screams. People are shouting Anya and Maxim's names. For some weird reason, I feel like crying. "Owww..." Anya groans.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Are you going into labor?" Maxim frantically asks.

"No, I'm having a Braxton Hicks contraction. It's just false labor, let's go." Anya rubs the top of her stomach where my feet are and then I feel her walking.

She keeps her hand on the top of her stomach while she walks, often giving me little pats every now and then. The noise is almost defaming. Yells from the crowd, clicks of cameras, and the babble of reporters all mix in my brain. It's so confusing, especially since I can't see.

"It's okay, babygirl. Daddy's right here." Maxim presses his hand next to Anya's and gives me a rub.

It doesn't help my panic, though. I really don't like this. "Babe, are you okay?" Maxim suddenly asks.

A large gasp is heard before Anya replies, "Yeah, it's just more false labor. I'll be fine, let's get this over with."

Anya keeps her hand on her stomach next to Maxim's while she walks. The sound of her heartbeat is faster and louder, which makes me scared as hell. My panic rises to extreme levels and Anya gasps in pain. I feel her clutch the bottom of her stomach with both hands and she says, "Maxim, I think my water just broke..."

She would be correct about that one.

"What? Oh my god, the baby's coming now? We have to get to the hospital and.. and..." Maxim actually sounds scared.

He shouldn't be the one scared, though. My body's about to be pushed through a tiny hole and I'm going to have to live through every moment of it.

Now that's scary.

"Calm down, Maxim. Can we please go? It hurts." Anya whimpers and starts to walk away.

I guess we're going to the hospital.

"I'll have my Mom bring the hospital bag. We need to time your contractions and do those breathing techniques we worked on." Maxim sounds like he's going to fall apart at any moment.

"Maxim, calm down. Everything is going to be okay. I'm healthy, Aria's healthy, we're going to be fine. We'll get to the hospital, they'll check me out, probably put me in a room, and we'll have a baby. Just breathe." The whole way to the hospital, Anya breathes with Maxim.

Car doors slam and then Anya's walking some place. It's weird because I can feel when she's having a contraction. It just feels like somethings pushing down on my butt. It doesn't hurt me but I know it hurts Anya.

The thought fills me with some sort of wicked satisfaction.

"Hi, my personal assistant should've called ahead. My wife's water just broke." Maxim says awkwardly.

"Are you registered at this hospital to give birth?" A chipper woman asks.

"Yes, my wife's name is Anya Petrov." Maxim replies.

"Alright, if you follow me, we'll head up to our labor and delivery floor." Chipper woman says.

"I got you, hun. Lean on me." The sound of an elevator door opening can be heard, and then Anya starts walking again.

"It hurts, Maxim. Make it stop." Anya cries. I hate when she cries because it makes me sad in return. I don't know why that is, but it happens.

"I know, babe. I got you." Maxim starts rubbing Anya's belly and she let's out a sigh.

"That feels good." She whispers. Maxim keeps rubbing her stomach until the elevator door dings again.

"Follow me right through here, please." Chipper woman sounds way too happy for this situation.