Chapter Twenty-Six

Anya POV:

After a long day of flights, a cranky baby, and stressful travels, we finally arrive at our hotel. Aria is already asleep and strapped securely to my chest in her sling as we walk into the five star hotel we're staying at. Maxim's cast members have already checked in. I'm guessing they're already asleep since all of us are terribly jet lagged.

"I'm so ready to put my head on a pillow and sleep for more then fifteen minutes at a time." Maxim grumbles as he swipes our keycard through the lock on the hotel door.

It flashes green before unlocking, revealing a luxurious hotel room made for a queen. A full kitchen, living room, and bedroom dons the massive space. All of the decorations are in deep reds and golds. I feel like I just stepped straight into royalty.

"Wow..." I whisper, my voice heavy with awe.

"I know right." Maxim agrees. He walks straight into our bedroom and deposits our carry on bags onto the bed. The hotel should be bringing our other bags up shortly.

"Where's Aria's pack-n-play? I thought we requested one with the hotel?" Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter, but sleeping in bed with her isn't something we do a lot nowadays. She's a tiny wiggle worm and kicks us in her sleep.

"No idea. Can this wait until tomorrow? I'm tired and need at least eight hours of sleep before I'm ready to face the world again." Maxim flops down onto the bed dramatically, toeing off his shoes.

One night with Aria in the bed won't hurt us. She's already asleep so it's not like she'll move that much. "Fine. I'm too tired to argue."

I carefully remove Aria from her sling, placing her down on the bed beside Maxim. He wraps his arm around her tiny body and pulls her closer to his chest. After taking off my pants, shirt, and bra, I climb into bed beside them. I'm close to being naked, but too tired to care.

***

A tiny whine disrupts me from the dream I was having. The room is pitch black, the only light source coming from the city outside our window. Turning over in bed, I spot Aria on her back. She's wide awake and chewing on her fingers.

Maxim lays beside her on his back, one arm behind his head as he sleeps like the dead. "Did Daddy wake you with his loud snoring?" I coo as I reach over to tickle her belly.

She whines and roots around on her knuckles. Poor thing is probably hungry. "Come here, peanut. Mama will get some food for you."

I gently pull Aria closer to my body, offering her my closest breast as I lay on my side with my head propped up on my right hand. She latches on without problem. My fingers run through the soft black strands of her hair as I watch and listen to her nurse.

My peanut is being mighty noisy right now. I can feel each one of her heavy breaths against the sensitive skin on my breast as she drinks.

"What is that noise?" Maxim suddenly grumbles, startling Aria. She lets go of my breast with a huge wail. Tiny tears leak down the side of her cheeks. I quickly lift her up into my arms to calm her.

"Shit. Did I scare her?" Maxim whispers.

"Yeah. She'll be okay." I move Aria to lay in the crook of my left arm, offering her my breast once again. She finally calms enough to get a good latch.

"What time is it?"

"I don't know. Check your phone. I'm still dead tired. We probably didn't even sleep that long." I reply with a quick shrug of my shoulders.

"We barely got five hours of sleep. How long have you been up with the baby?"

"Twenty minutes, maybe? She'll go back to sleep once I'm done nursing her. She only woke up because she was hungry."