108. Fate

''It is our fate, I think, to crave always what is given to another. If one possesses a thing, the other will take it away." Alyssa remarked.

'' Yes, Princess.'' The handmaiden agreed, as Alyssa looked back to her needle point. She was making a Nargle, she believed the nargles lived in mistletoe but no one ever saw them but herself so she was stitching it for her mother to see.

''What's happened?' Alyssa asked and Davina sat next to her.

''Your father...'' Davina began.

''There is a beast beneath the boards.'' Alyssa remarked.

''Oh, my little love.'' Davina said hugging her.

"Mama?" Baelon and Visenya declared running up to her.

"Is it true?" Baelon asked.

"Your father passed in the night." Davina agreed. "I'm sorry my loves, know he loved you all so much."

+

''Mother.'' Aegon said happily.

''Try to act less excited Aegon your father is dead.'' Davina reminded him as she ran her fingers through Aemond's hair, wrapping her arms around his chest.

''But im king now.'' Aegon reminded her

''Can you at least pretend to have a heart?'' Davina mused.

''I loved father. But he wasnt really all there a lot.'' Aegon reminded her.

''I know.'' Davina agreed

''I would be in tears crying for moons if you died.'' Aegon informed her honestly as he hugged her tight.

"What will you do about Rhaenyra and Daemon?" Aemond asked. Davina ran a hand over her face. "I can do it." Aemond offered

"I need that honor myself." Davina corrected.

+

"Viserys amended his wishes. It's as simple as that." Otto sat on the iron throne. ''You once swore your banners to Rhaenyra. You must now pledge them to the future king." Otto instructed the great houses of westeros.

''I must confer first with my house on this matter.''

''You'll not leave this room without declaring your intention.'' Otto corrected.

''I am no oath breaker... I will not bend the knee.'' Otto huffed out a breath.

''Anyone else?'' Otto countered.

" House Fell... keeps its sworn oath to the Princess." Lord Fell declared.

''Very well'' Otto agreed nodding to the knight, those faithful to Rhaenyra were escorted out. Everyone else fell to their knees.

''Long live the King.''

'' Long live the King.' They echoed.

+

The bells were trolling, lord Caswell waited impatiently atop his horse as the gates opened he was almost free.

"Halt! Hold the gate!"

Caswells horse neighed as Caswell was grabbed, yanked from his horse.

"Let go of me!" Allun Caswell screamed out but they had their orders and he was delivered to the hand of the king... queen.

''He was fleeing from the gate.' Seamus informed Otto.

''Do you know who I am?" Allun asked incredulously as he forced himself from the knights harsh grip.