71. My dragon rider

''Argh.' Davinas face pinched as she ran into the dresser.

''Davina?'' Viserys questioned

''Fffffuuuuuccck!'' She hissed her toes curling

''What are you doing love?'' Viserys questioned squinting through the darkness. ''Davina?''

''Shh go to sleep. You are sleeping.'' Davina told him.

''I'm not asleep because you are... rearranging furniture in the middle of the night?'' Viserys questioned.

''I had to pee. This baby is squishing my bladder.'' Davina informed him moving cautiously back to the bed. arms outstretched feet dragging along the cold ground. Viserys reached out a hand guiding her back to him.

''I'm glad you are pregnant.'' Viserys told her softly as she tried to get comfortable again.

''I want a little boy.'' Davina admitted and viserys couldnt help but smile through the darkness. ''Aegon was so cute when he was little. Now he is growing up still adorable but...'' davinas words drifted off as she felt a kick. ''He's strong.'' Davina remarked taking viserys hand and putting it on her stomach. He felt him kick again. ''He is going to be a dragon rider.'' Davina declared. ''His dragon will be the largest and strongest and he will be my riding buddy.'' Davina told viserys with confidence.

''Alyssa likes her bugs more than dragons. How disappointing for you.' Viserys mused kissing her neck.

''She is original''. Davina told him. 'I like how interested in little lives she is.''

''Aegon is interested in the dragons.' Viserys remarked.

''He is but he's nervous around them still.'' Davina agreed. ''I have a good feeling about this one.'' She remarked her hands over his as she moved his fingers.

''Aegon is four my love if he wasnt nervous i would be worried.'' Viserys reminded her

''I was never afraid.'' Davina reminded him.

''No you were always fearless.'' Viserys agreed. ''Still are.''

''This one.'' Davina told him confidently ''this one will be a dragon rider''. Viserys fell back asleep with his hand on her stomach feeling the light shifts of his son moving around.

++

Davina hated giving birth. Hated it. Hated it with Aegon, hated it with Alyssa and she was expecting to hate it with this one.

"You ready your grace?"

"Lets have a baby." Davina agreed. Yes there was screaming and cussing and shouting and more cussing but Aemond came quickly and Davina didnt feel like death as he arrived.

"A boy. I knew it." Davina told Viserys as he kissed her cheek.

"So handsome he is." Viserys said touching his little nose.

"My dragon rider." Davina whispered.

"Aemond Targaryen... dragon rider." Viserys agreed.

"Sounds like the name of a champion. a warrior, a true..." Davina stopped herself.

"A true what my love?"

King. Davina thought softly.

This was Viserys child. It had to be. This was his child, his baby...

"How are Rhaenyra and Laenor doing?' Davina questioned.

"They dont seem to be spending alot of time together." Viserys remarked. "When I first wed to you I couldnt take my eyes off of you, or my hands." Viserys told her kissing her cheek.

"Yes... well..." Davina shrugged. "I'm me and Rhaenyra is still a child and.... not Laenor's... type." Davina muttered under her breath.

"Whats that love?''

"Aemond needs an egg." Davina told them. "I can't wait for another baby dragon."

+

''Alyssa can be a daddys girl right?'' Viserys remarked.

''No. They are all mine. Mamas babies.'' Davina corrected.

''I think you could give me one that loves me more.'' Viserys offered.

''You have Rhaenyra.''

''You know she likes you better than me.'' Viserys remarked.

''Aemond is going to be a dragon rider.''

''You have said that.'' Viserys agreed

''My little adventurer.'' Davina told him confidently

''He's a few moons my love. His adventures are from his crib to your breast.'' Viserys mused

''Quite the adventure.'' Davina agreed kissing his cheek.