97. Immune

''What are you doing love?''

''I'm waiting for the sun to set because yesterday has been too long.'' Davina answered staring out the window.

''Today.'' Viserys corrected with a chuckle.  Davina looked back at him. "I love you Davina." She reached out a hand for him and he kissed her cheek wrapping his arm around her.

"After everything I did for Rhaenyra... she saw the pain he put me through..." Davina let out a deep hot breath as Viserys sat down next to her. "I just don't understand."

"Neither do I." Viserys agreed. 'But then again I never did understand your infatuation with Daemon." Viserys teased as she leaned into him.

"Honestly, I regret every moment I spent on him." Davina told Viserys. He stared down at her as she curled into a ball her head on his thighs. He ran his hand through her hair.

"He is our brother. A shit brother but our brother..."

"I hate myself for ever loving him." Davina told Viserys honestly. "He is toxic, and I became addicted to him, he poisoned me slowly trying to kill me too, while he was immune to the toxins within."

"Davina," Viserys coed.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't the best wife." Davina told him looking up and rolling onto her back. His arm draped across her stomach.

"You are the best of wives." Viserys assured.

"I feel like my history with dae, makes me... vicious and violent and- stupid, I can be so stupid-' Viserys could hear the sharp breath she released through her clenched jaw. "-you deserve-"

"I chose you Davina. I don't regret that for a moment." Viserys assured. "No matter what you did or do, know I don't care."

"If you only knew." Davina murmured closing her eyes.

"We all stray away... but you are here, for me for the children." Viserys reminded her. "Davina... I would choose you a million times over."

"I'm glad you chose me." Davina agreed. "I'm going to do better. Be better."

"You are already perfect." Viserys assured.

+

''Hows my favorite boy today?'' Davina coed when she went to check on Aemond.

''I'm fine mama.'' Aemond assured.

''Of course you are my brave boy.''  Davina agreed. ''You want take Vhagar and Fury out today?''

''Yes!'' Aemond said immediately.

''You are so much like me.'' Davina told him kissing his head. ''Get ready and we go.'' Aemond nodded jumping up.

''Hey mama?'' She turned back towards him.

''Yeah baby?''

''Could I... I mean for my...'' he waved a hand over his eyeless eye. ''I just dont want people to stare.'' Aemond remarked.

''I can have a patch made.'' Davina suggested moving towards him. ''But honey there is nothing to be afraid of, or ashamed or embarrassed of. You survived something terrible.''

''It makes me look weak mama.'' Aemond told her.

''No, no, no.'' Davina corrected running a hand through his hair before gently tracing the outside of the still healing wound. ''Scars are not a weakness they are the marks of a warrior.'' Aemond nodded. ''But I can get you something made.'' Davina agreed kissing him again. ''You are always going to be my favorite.'' Davina told him honestly. She loved her babies but there was something special about Aemond, he was so much like her. The twins were like a replica of Daemon and her which scared her immensely. Aegon was becoming a handsome young man, his sights still so clearly set on the throne. Alyssa was her little love. She loved all the creatures, none of her children had any interest in sex or relationships, Aegon was found of his hand but she didn't see them coming or going at strange hours and she made sure each of them knew they would have the freedom if and when they chose to marry whom they wanted.

Davina thought giving them that freedom kept them closer, not feel like they had a leash and responsibilities looming over them as Davina had in the past. She wanted her babies to love her forever and never feel the need to burn her to ash... not that they could. But knowing that they loved her, Viserys was content and she was pushing Rhaenyra and daemon out of her mind for good.

For now.

She was going to let them think they were safe. That she had changed. That the end wasnt coming for them both. She could play the long game. She had been playing this game for a long time. She would let them get closer to what they wanted. Enjoy the peace before the darkness swept over them.