105. Keep Your Tongue

"How are you feeling?" Davina coed getting Visenya more tea.

"Better." She said softly. "My stomach still hurts."

"I know baby, but I'm glad you are feeling better."

"I think I need a cookie." Visenya remarked.

"Oh?" Davina laughed as she tucked her in. "Are cookies good for tummy aches?" Visenya nodded. "Alright, I will see what I can do."

"Thank you mama." Visenya said as Davina kissed her forehead.

"How is Visenya?" Baelon asked waiting outside her door.

"Feeling better enough for a little cookie, can you pick one out for her?" Davina requested.

"I will be right back!" Baelon declared. Davina saw the similarities between Daemon and herself and her own twins but she also saw the differences. Baelon loved Visenya, he took care of her. He put her first, made sure she was okay and always ran to her chambers in the morning to wake her up with a kiss on the cheek.

+

Viserys was getting his daily treatments as per usual when Otto came in to check on the kings status. Birds were chirping in the early morning sunlight.

"I want to have supper, Otto." Viserys remarked.

'It is the morning, Your Grace.'' Otto said gently

''Tonight. The whole of my family... are gathered at the Red Keep. I want us...'' Viserys struggled to keep his breath. ''to dine together.'' He groaned as he moved, the pain to much.

''Bring milk of the poppy.'' Otto instructed.

''No. Just arrange the supper.'' Viserys murmured. "Is davina alright?"

"The queen is fine." Otto assured

"Daemon and Rhaenyra are here. She is not fine." Viserys corrected.

+
"Davina." She wanted to rip his head off. Gouge his eyes and dismember him piece by piece.

"Busy." Davina hissed as she kept walking.

"Im sure you are." Daemon agreed catching up to her. "Ive been busy as well." He smirked she didnt even have to turn around to know. "Did you meet the tw-"

Davina had enough. She was done being nice. She sent an elbow back into his nose and Daemon faltered back. A swift kick under his legs and he was one his back with a thwack. He groaned out as he lay in pain below her.

"Know that if I didnt have to deal with this stupid fucking petition right now I would rip you apart!" Davina declared before stomping away. Daemon lay there his nose bleeding his head throbbing unable to find the strength to rise.

+

''Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters.'' Otto remarked sitting proudly on the throne. Davina didn't like him up there but she wouldn't be partial in this matter, neither would Otto but as least it would be one less thing her enemies would hold against her. "The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." He decreed.

Davina looked to Daemon his shirt bloodied from his broken nose and the scowl he gave her. Davina held tight to Aegon as he leaned into her.

"That seat is going to be mine." Aegon whispered as Davina ran a hand through his hair.

"Sooner than I thought." Davina agreed softly.

''My Queen. My Lord Hand.'' Vaemond said setting forward. ''The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name." Rhaenys held back the groan as she hated having to defend her claim, her grandchildrens claim against Vaemond. She looked to Davina, ever the elegant and graceful, but Rhaenys knew her act, she knew her temper. Davina used to be Rhaenyra's biggest supporter, Rhaenys had to play it smart if she was going to win Davina's favor. She knew that Otto sat the throne but Davina was still in charge.