51. Faceless

"Jack climbed up the beanstalk and you know what he found?" Davina questioned.

"Wat?' Aegon asked smiling up at her.

"Dragon eggs." Davina declared.

"Really?"

"Yes, he found dragon egg in the giants lair." Davina agreed. "Jack knew he had to be sneaky so he stole the dragon eggs and brought them down to kings landing, he gifted them to my grand sire, your great grand sire, he said a gift for the king."

"Wow." Aegon coed.

"Grand sire Jaehaerys was so grateful he offered jack a place on the kings guard, any man brave enough to steal from giants should be protecting the king."

"Is Jack here?'

"Of course, but jack takes on many names, he is a faceless man." Davina informed him.

"No face?" aegon questioned.

"So he could be big and strong like Ser Harwin, or small and skinny like Ser Criston but either way he is always watching out for little princes like you." Davina encouraged as Aegon stared at her wide eyed.

"That was a lovely story." Otto said kindly.

"You are here much to late Otto." Davina informed him. "What will people think?"

"Absolutely nothing." Otto assured.

"You are right for once, they all know my dislike for you." Davina agreed lifting aegon to her as she turned to Otto.

'' Did you enjoy the hunt, Your Grace?' Otto asked kindly as he walked the room.

'Well enough, I killed the hart, oh so magical.' She mused sarcastically.

'How fared the prince?' Otto asked softly.

'The ladies Lannister and Redwyne were quite taken with him.' Davina remarked. "Me, less so, but the feeling is mutual." She added smugly.

"You are a hard woman to please." Otto remarked softly.

"I have my friends, people I trust. The list is few but I don't need much." Davina told him.

"You can always use allies." Otto retorted. "Aegon will need allies."

"He has me." Davina told him stiffly. "And everyone adores him."

'As they should. He's the future of the realm. Well, you yourself witnessed the scale of the celebration, how it's united the men." Otto reminded her and she grit her teeth in annoyance.

"What do you want otto? Spit it out or get the fuck out." Davina hissed. "Actually, I dont give a damn what you want. Get the fuck out."

"Uck out!" Aegon agreed and Davina chuckled kissing his head as Aegon laughed up at her.

"When you bore the King a son, you ended 15 years of uncertainty and doubt. Aegon, like his namesake, was born to rule the Seven Kingdoms. If Viserys were to name him heir, the realm would fete him for it.' Otto remarked but Davina stayed silent surely he wasn't suggesting such a thing. 'And does this not please you? Do you not want your son to be King?'

'And what mother wouldn't?' Davina countered "I see the stress the crown puts on Viserys, I don't want that for Aegon. Rhaenyra wants the crown, she wants it and she will do well as queen."

'You mustn't ignore the certain truth that if Rhaenyra were to step over Aegon to ascend the throne, the realm would tear itself apart.'

'They all swore obeisance to her, your house among them.' Davina hissed "Or have you forgotten in your old age?"