92. Death and Smiles

''Viserys you know stephen wentworth.'' Seamus smiled softly. ''I want him to be the new hand of the king. '' Davina informed him

''Davina-''

''He is very smart and I trust him completely.'' Davina assured "He could be a genius, he is so smart, I promise, he won't steer you wrong."

''Otto-''

''You better know another otto that is not Hightower then.'' Davina countered and viserys sighed. ''Viserys otto is a cunt. ''

''He is –''

''Yes you agree with me. Sea- stephen'' she corrected ''is well educated and knows the ways of this world and kingdom he will make a good hand.'' Davina assured.

"I already sent the raven. He is on his way." Viserys told her and Davina groaned.

"Viserys."

"I know... but he did serve me well and now that there are no ulterior motives-"

"He will think of something." Davina hissed.

"There is something else." Viserys said handing over the scroll. "Laena is dead." Davina kept her face a stone as she read it over. "We should set sail for Drift mark." Davina nodded handing it back to him.

"I will get the kids ready." Davina assured. Viserys reached out for her grabbing her hand.

"I'm sorry I didn't consult you first." Viserys remarked.

"It's alright I suppose. But... oh... um..." Davina chuckled. "Larys and Fury had a conversation. It didn't end well... for Larys." Viserys stared back at her. "Don't blame me, I'm an angel. Stephen tells me all the damn time."

+

Vaemond Velaryon spoke for his niece's funeral as they prepared her casket to be sent to sea. As was the Velaryon way.

''We join today at the seat of the sea to commit the lady Lena of house Valeryon to the eternal waters and domination of the Merling king where he will guard her for all her days to come as she sets to see for final voyage the lady Laena leaves to true born daughters on the shore though their mother will not return from her voyage they will all remain bound together in blood salt courses through velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin.'' Damon chuckled at that. And at that her casket was sent into the waters.

Davina hated seeing him again and she missed him at the same time. She tried to keep from looking at him, wanting to devour him on the spot because he was a monster, he was mean and cruel and didn't think about her, they were together because he had wed Laena and she died, she wasn't a dragon. She was of water, fucking water. Her body burned to a crisp, why were they sending anything into the sea? Most of her ashes were at pentos Davina assumed. A dragon the size of Vhagar, he was the largest but not the hottest apparently. If fury would have burned her, Gods Davina wanted to be the one to shout Dracarys and burn Laena to a crisp. Viserys tightened his grip on her hand and she leaned into him. He knew this was hard for her. Seeing him again, being this close.

''My gentleness may the winds be as strong as your back you were sees as calm as your spirit and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. The sea we shall return.'' Daemon's daughters stood with their grandmother while Daemon was impatient to get on with it.

+

''Queen Davina you age like fine wine." Corlys remarked.

''I do. Dont I?'' Davina agreed.

"Viserys aged poorly.'' Corlys remarked lightly, Davina glanced back at him. "Yet you love him.''

''I do.'' Davina agreed. "But we all know the children got my good looks."