36. See me in a crown

I won't ever leave you, even though you're always leaving me.

That was Davina felt time and time again. She thought she would be holding onto the image she had of the perfect Daemon. But he was nothing more than a tainted dream sent to torment her.

Davina felt out of place, her hair was done her dress shimmered, she let out a breath, she could do this. She could do this.

"Alicent?" Rhaenyra questioned. "What are you doing?" Alicent stared at her. "Today is his wedding, what are you doing going to my fathers chambers?" Rhaenyra questioned.

"I just..."

"You just?" Rhaenyra spat. "Davina was right, you want the crown. You don't care about me. did you ever care about me?" Rhaenyra spat.

"Of course you are my friend, Rhaenyra-'

'No," Rhaenyra pushed her back. "You are not... you are... I don't know what you are but I want you nowhere near me or my father, or my aunt." Rhaenyra demanded. "Get out."

"Rhaenyra-'

'Get out!"

Viserys opened the door to see Alicent running down the hall. He looked over at Rhaenyra.

"Have a wonderful day, father." Rhaenyra told him as she headed on her way.

"Rhaenyra?" she turned back to him. "Can you check on Davina?"

"You mean make sure she isn't running away?" Rhaenyra mused.

"Lets not jest about that." Viserys offered.

"I will check on her." Rhaenyra confirmed.

+

You should her in a crown, Davina was going to run this nothing town. Watch her make them bow one by one by one, one by one.

Davina walked down the aisle she looked like an angel but she felt like the devil in disguise.

'Let it be known that King Viserys of House Targaryen and Princess Davina of house Targaryen are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder. In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the Words.'

"I feel like to make tradition I should do my altered vows." Davina suggested.

"Davina please." Viserys whispered.

"Fine, fine." Davina agreed.

'Father. Smith. Warrior. Mother. Maiden. Crone. Stranger.' They repeated.

'I am his.'

'I am hers'

'He is mine' Davina said with a wink.

'she is mine,' Viserys agreed holding back a laugh.

'from this day, until the end of my days.' they echoed, Davina gave him a thumbs up and a laugh escaped his lips.

"You know how much I like to talk during these things, did you really expect it to be any different now?" Davina offered sweetly.

"no.' Viserys admitted.

"See, you know me so well."

'You may now cloak the bride with your protection.' Viserys kept his hands on her shoulders locking eyes with her she nodded reassuringly.

"This must be new for you, you know you are always the one yelling at me from the front row, now you are to be up and personal with all this." Davina mused.

'In the presence of your family and friends, I now bind your hands together, to symbolize your new union of love, trust and friendship." He bound their hands together. Davina opened her mouth but Viserys shook his head.

"I wasn't going to say they feel like chains, that would be rude and inappropriate." Davina assured smugly.

'Now, please look at one another and pledge your vows to seal your union.'

"I promise to love you and treat you like the queen you always were, and always will be. To put you first and let love grow. Love is the longing for the half of ourselves we have lost." Viserys began and Davina was going to cry. "I hope I can be that person for you."

"you weren't supposed to write something sweet,' Davina murmured, "Give me a second..."

"You can say the with this kiss I vow." Viserys told her, 'it's fine, I suppose I am better than you at one thing." Viserys mused.

"Hush I'm thinking." Davina chuckled. 'I promise to be your honest, faithful, and pain in the ass of a wife for the rest of your days." Viserys shook his head. "What? You are elder, am I supposed to be alone when you die?"

"When will that be?" Viserys mused.

"This is highly inappropriate for a wedding." Otto hissed.

"It is their wedding, they will do as they please." Mellos whispered silencing Otto.

"I pledge to honor you, love you, and cherish you as my husband today and every day. Today I say, "I do" but to me that means, "I will." I will take your hand and stand by your side in the good and the bad. And there will probably be a lot of bad, but we will get through it, together." Davina told him.

"That was nice Davina." Viserys whispered.

"I try." Davina shrugged.

"You may kiss the bride." Davina stuck her tongue out and burst out laughing.

""I'm sorry, inside joke." She whispered as Viserys kissed her. 

"In the light of the seven I now proclaim Davina Targaryen the first of her name the Queen of the andals and the first men and Lord of the seven kingdoms.' Grand maester Mellos crowned Davina 'long may she reign.'

'Long may she reign.' they echoed

"You look beautiful." Viserys told her. 

"Heavier than it looks." Davina remarked.