33. Am I the Devil?

Treacherous // Podrick Payne out now!!

"Is it not common to say to a child, 'Put your finger in that candle, can you bear it even for one minute?' How then will you bear Hell-fire? Surely it would be torment enough to have the flesh burnt off from only one finger; what then will it be to have the whole body plunged into a lake of fire, burning with brimstone?"

Rhaenyra stared over at Davina.

''What do Targaryens do in hell? We dont burn, well not true Targaryen's at least. Do we thrive? Am I the devil?''

''Aunt Davina... ''

'I'm going for a swim. I think you should come.'' Davina said pulling herself up.

''What?''

''You ever been cliff jumping?'' Davina questioned

''Sounds like a rush.''

''It is.'' Davina agreed. "Leave the puppy here." Davina instructed nodding at Criston.

"The puppy?" Rhaenyra teased.

"I don't want him ruining our fun." Davina told her.

"Stay Ser Cristion.' Rhaenyra told him.

"Good boy!" Davina added smugly.

"Princesses I must object." Criston said taking a step forward.

"I'm to be the queen. Queen trumps everyone, king included, just so you know." Davina said with a smirk. "So stay puppy. Stay." Criston took a step back hesitantly. "Good. Boy." She pat his cheek as she lead Rhaenyra out.

+

''Father wont like this.'' Rhaenyra remarked

''I'm sorry who is the queen at moons end?'' Davina questioned as the hiked

'You.'

'And who is the future queen when Vis chokes?'

'Me.' Rhaenyra said confidently.

''And who runs this world?'' Davina declared

'Women!'

'No.' Davina told her and rhaenyra stared up at her ''Us. You and me. There are plenty of awful women we dont want them ruling.' davina said confidently

''You are too much.' Rhaenyra chuckled.

"So, have a little fun. Soon enough you and I'll be dead and burning in Hell with the rest of our family."

''Scandalous.'' Rhaenyra declared as she looked over the cliff. ''You have done this before?''

''Long time ago. It seems higher than before...' davina admitted looking down.

'Is it safe?'

'I'm still alive aren't I?' Davina offered. ''Ready?''

''Fuck it.'' Rhaenyra agreed.

''Three two go!'' Davina said quickly as they leapt off the edge screams expelled from their lips as they splashed into the water.

Davina popped up and searched around for Rhaenyra.

''Rhaenyra! Rhaenyra!'' She shouted diving back under when she popped up for air rhaenyra had the biggest smile on her face.

''That was awesome!'' She declared and davina could breathe as she lay back floating on the water.

''Duck.'' Rhaenyra said and davina let her feet drop deeper.

''Always behave like a duck." Davina told her.

''What?'' Rhaenyra said with a chuckle.

"Keep calm and unruffled on the surface, but paddle like hell underwater." Davina mused. "Hey I got a question for you," Davina remarked laying back on the waves again.

"Alright." Rhaenyra agreed.

"Has Alicent been around much?"

"No... not since... well its been a while." Rhaenyra admitted.

"She... speaks to Viserys often." Davina remarked and Rhaenyra stared over at her, Davina felt her stare and righted herself threading water as she looked back at Rhaenyra. "Yeah.. she is, was previously visiting him, in his chambers after Aemma's death." Davina remarked.

"What?"

"Yeah, I thought it strange too but she still has been... and I didn't... I don't see her with you and it just... I wondered if you two got into a fight?" Davina offered.

"No, she just... stopped talking to me." Rhaenyra admitted. "You think... what are you thinking?"

"Crazy, dark thoughts as per usual." Davina admitted.

"About Alicent." Rhaenyra clarified.

"Oh..." Davina splashed her hands around her moving the water slowly under her hands. "Well..."

"Spit it out Aunt Davina!" Rhaenyra begged.

"You think she wanted to be queen? That's why she was trying to.. woe Viserys?" Rhaenyra stared back at her. "Its crazy just thinking it but saying it out loud, sounds... insane. I agree, forget I said anything." Davina requested.

"You think that was her plan? You saw her with father? You saw her with him after-'

'Not like that.' Davina assured. "They just talked... a lot it seemed..." Davina sighed. "It's my very untrusting mind. Daemon did that to me. broke my trust in humanity." Davina told her. "I'm probably over thinking things." Davina offered.