TWENTY-TWO

Tom

I wake up early in the morning in a cold sweat. I'm sat straight up, panting, and it takes a few minutes for me to fully wake up and realize I'm dreaming. I rub my hands on my face and groan. These nightmares are just annoying at this point. I've been sleepwalking a lot more recently and I'm exhausted. I'm just glad that I woke up before sleepwalking this time. I can't even count the number of times I've woken up while rearranging my closet. I'm just so stressed about the Spider-Man press junket. It's not for a few months and I'm already having stress dreams. I need to get a massage or something. I fall back onto my pillows and grab my phone from the nightstand to check the time: 6:30 AM. My heart is still racing. I guess I'm up for the day. This stress is really getting to me. Maybe a gym session will help. I unlock my phone and send my trainer a text, knowing he's already at the gym.

Tom

Hey, mate. You have time for a quick session?

I say "quick," but that's not really in his vocabulary.

Mark

Absolutely. Come on in.

Y/N will have to pick me up from the gym, which isn't an issue considering I can walk there from my house. I know she's not awake yet, but I text her anyway to let her know.

Tom

Hi, darling. I'm going to the gym. Can you pick me up from there?

I put my phone down to get up and brush my teeth, but it's buzzing in my hand before it hits the table.

Y/N

Sure. I'll see you at 9.

Tom

You're up early.

Y/N

Could say the same about you. Couldn't sleep.

Tom

Two peas. Me either. Tea's on me later.

Mark has my training regiment laid out by the time I get there. I'm now realizing just how much pain I'm about to be put through. Good thing I brought my shower stuff. I'm definitely going to be sweaty in about 10 minutes. I haven't been to the gym in a while, though, and I do really enjoy going.

I am put through the wringer. Mark has me doing sprints, tire flips, rope tosses, and even boxing matches. My whole body is turning to mush, and I still have one more set of tire flips to do before I'm done. Granted, I do feel better, but at what cost, you know? As I'm chugging my water before my last set, I realize it's very nearly 9:00 so I shoot Y/N a text.

Tom

Nearly done. Need to shower quickly after I'm done. Just come in when you're here.

"Ready, Tom?" Mark says, clapping his hands together. The fact that he's hardly sweating from this workout is so annoying.

"Let's do it."

Y/N

I pull up to Tom's gym just as he texts me to come inside as he finishes up. I've never been inside this gym, but it's small and I know it's where he trains a lot. I'm not sure what I'm going to do while I wait around for him, but I guess the thought of watching him and other hot men work out isn't so bad. Twist my arm.

I walk in and I'm hit with the smell of sweaty men. Awesome. It's too early for this. I look around the gym and I hear laughing and loud thuds. I turn my head in the direction of the sounds and I see Tom with his back turned to me, flipping a giant tire over and over again. He's dripping with sweat and his back muscles are ... intense. I feel woozy. He flips the tire once more and falls onto the floor in typical dramatic Tom fashion, laughing with who I assume is his trainer. His trainer holds out a hand to help him up, and Tom wipes his face with a towel. He has a headband in his hair to keep it off his face. His curls are wild. I feel like I'm floating.