FOUR

Y/N

The pub we're in is loud. It's very, very loud. I'm now remembering why I never go out. There are a ton of people here shouting and drinking, and I'm feeling overwhelmed. I sip my vodka soda and look around at all of the people in the same space as me. I wonder if they have a reason to be out like I do, or if they're out just because it's a Saturday. I see a few birthday sashes popping in and out of the crowd, so I guess there are some people out for a good reason. I guess I'm out for a good reason as well. There is just something keeping me distracted tonight. Maybe I just need more liquor.

"Another drink, love?" I jump a little bit, not expecting someone to speak to me so close to my ear. I guess it's necessary in a pub this loud. I look up and see Jack leaning down toward me with a smile, still in his suit from work. I smile at him as he leans down for a kiss. "I'm going up. Another?"

"Yes, please. I've got a tab going." He raises an eyebrow and nods his head briefly.

"Got it." He rubs my back and walks toward the bar, shaking hands and hugging my friends on his way.

Love that I'm paying for my drinks tonight.

"Here you are, love," Jack sits beside me and hands me another vodka soda. I feel his arm on the back of my chair, his hand rubbing my arm. "Have I missed much? Jane is quite drunk." He gestures toward Jane laughing at the bar with our friends. He already sounds annoyed.

"Yeah, she's fully taken advantage of my celebrations," I laugh. "Jane said we'd be doing a shot when you got here, so I'm assuming that's coming relatively soon."

"Ah, I guess we should prepare," he holds his glass up and we clink our glasses together before we both take a long sip of our drinks.

Jane eventually brings us a round of shots and we all toast to new beginnings. In a few days, I will officially have my degree and a job that will hopefully fulfill me like I've been wanting for years. 

The shot was definitely what I needed to get my juices flowing, and soon I'm up and walking around the pub, making friends with everyone and drinking way too many drinks.

Once I've had a few drinks, I get loud. Jack hates it, but I don't really care. My friends and I are loud people. I somehow end up at the bar taking a shot with everyone – minus Jack, he's annoyed that I'm drunk, eyeroll – and I suddenly feel a hand on my back. I whip around, shot glass still in hand, ready to berate the man touching me without my permission, and am met with my brother.

"Hey!" He shouts, clearly drunk and coming from somewhere else. "I didn't know you'd be out tonight!" I guess I never told him we were going out. Whoops.

"Hi!" I throw my arms around him. "Who are you out with? Here!" I hand him my fresh vodka soda, which I clearly don't need. Ben takes a long sip and winces slightly at my question. "Ben?"

"Ah," his eyes dart to the end of the bar which is surrounded by people. My eyes follow the group to the middle of the crowd, revealing Tom talking with Jane. Great. "We were invited out by a girl at the golf course," Ben turns my chin back to him. "They wanted to go to a club, we weren't feeling it, so we came here."

"Uh, no, he totally chickened out while we were pregaming and we came here instead." Harry throws an arm around me. "Because he totally has a thing for Jane." Ben kicks his shoe. "Ow!"

"Wonderful," I turn around and order another drink. "Jack is here tonight. He's already cross with me because I'm drunk, so I'm sure Tom being here won't be an issue at all." The sarcasm in my voice is thick.

"Y/N, come on," Ben pleads. "Don't let this ruin your night. You have a lot to celebrate." I nod my head and clutch onto my drink, seeing Tom make his way over with Jane from the corner of my eye.

Always Been You | Tom HollandOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara