36: First night at home

~

When I pulled into the driveway of the new house, Sierra was already waiting by the front door. In a pair of sweats and a Tshirt with her hair in a messy bun, she had the biggest smile on her face.

She's so fucking beautiful.

I got out of the car and walked around the hood. She ran up to me jumping into my arms, wrapping her arms around my neck. I grabbed her thighs and lifted her into my arms and she kissed my lips.

God I love this woman.

"Close your eyes." She said as I walked to the front door, still holding her.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm holding you."

"Then put me down." She said as she started to wiggle in my arms.

"No." I said squeezing her tighter.

"Fine open the door, but don't look. Then close your eyes. And don't trip."

"Mmm bossy. I like it." I said pecking her lips.

I let go of her thigh with one hand, and turned the knob, before I closed my eyes. I slowly stepped into the house and pushed the door closed.

"Now you really have to put me down. You have to see it all at once." She said wiggling from my grip. So I let her down.

"Ready?" She said.

"Yes."

"Okay. Open."

I opened my eyes.

Everything was the same, except it looked completely different than the first time I was here. There were picture frames filled with black and white pictures of bridges and old buildings all over the walls. The furniture was rearranged and there were pillows everywhere.

"It looks amazing." I said wrapping my arms around her.

"Kaitlynn took these photos." She said with a smile on her face.

"They're really good. Wow, It smells amazing in here." I said, taking a deep breath.

"Oh that's because I'm making food." She said, walking towards the kitchen.

"What are you making?" I started following her.

"My favorite. Spinach stuffed chicken with roasted potatoes and french green beans. I figured, first night in the new house deserved a great meal."