14: My mother?

(A/N) This chapter goes into detail about Sierra's abuse from her father.

If this subject triggers you in some way, and you don't want to read please skip the parts marked with ***

~
Monday
~

It's Monday, which means school.

Gross.

And I feel like absolute shit.

Aspirin wasn't helping. And my sunglasses are not dark enough.

My father keeps calling and I just keep ignoring him.

I told my aunt where I was staying and I was safe because my dad has never been to Eric and Kaitlynn's.

Kenzie picked me up for school this morning. It's only a 25 minute walk from Eric's. But she insisted.

"Have you talked to Zion since you left his house?" Kenzie said as we pulled into the school parking lot.

"No but he's been texting. I just don't know what to say to him. I mean it was so normal until I got that call. Now I won't even be able to look him in the eyes. I don't want to see the way he looks at me now that he knows how broken I really am." I said unbuckling my seatbelt and grabbing my purse from the floor board.

"Yeah but you said that even after you broke down he still held you all night. And I saw the way he was looking at you when I picked you up." She said getting out of the car.

"So did I but I just can't put him through my shit." I said walking across the parking lot.

"If he really likes you the way I know he does. It doesn't matter what kind of shit you're dealing with. He's gonna always have your back." Kenzie said.

When did she get so logical?

Once we made it across the street and into the school we went straight to our lockers. Kenzie brought an old backpack for me to use since mine was at my dad's.

I grabbed a few books and the folder for the report I wrote for English out of my locker, throwing it all in the bag.

"Hey Sierra." I hear behind me.

I turned my head to see who it was. Even though I already knew by the voice.

Great. This day can't get any worse.