30: Meeting Zion's family

~Saturday ~

~
Saturday
~

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound of Sierra's alarm interrupted my dream. I laid there, knowing she'd turn it off.

But it just kept beeping.

I moved my arm around to nudge her awake, but I was met with empty sheets.

I sat up and opened my eyes looking around the room for her. I stretched my arm across the bed turning the alarm off.

7:32

I looked towards the bathroom door, seeing that it was closed. Then it sounded like Sierra was throwing up.

I got up out of the bed and tapped on the door softly. And waited for a response.

Nothing.

So I tapped harder.

Nothing.

"Baby?" I ask softly.

"Please. Just give me a minute." She said from the other side of the door.

I stayed silent for a minute, contemplating on asking her what was wrong but I decided against it.

"Okay." I said before backing away.

I walked over to my bag and grabbed my sweats. I looked around on the floor for my shirt and threw it on.

I didn't want to go to far away in case she needed me, but I wanted to give her the privacy she wanted.

I grabbed my phone and sat down in the middle of the stairs and leaned my back against the rail.

I was scrolling through tiktoks when my eyes wandered past my phone screen. To the wall, that had small dents under the rail, some with streaks of red in them.

I put my phone in my pocket and leaned forward to look closer.

I remember the day Sierra came to get her math book and her father kicked her down the steps.

My eyes drifted down the stairs looking at the wall the rest of the way down. I could see more dents in the wall, but the spots looked like they had been scrubbed clean.

I turned my head to look up the stairs at the wall when I saw Sierra's legs, my eyes immediately flipped up to hers.

"What are you looking at?" She asked.