33: Movie Night

After we went through the drive thru, I parked so we could eat

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After we went through the drive thru, I parked so we could eat.

Sierra had turned so her back was against the door and her feet were curled up in the passenger seat while we ate.

She looked deep in thought and I kept wanting to check on her, but she looks so cute right now.

"Baby." I said softly and she looked up from her food.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

She sighed. "I lived every day with my father in that house, living completely separate lives from each other. I was always hiding from him. Staying out late and leaving early in the morning, so I didn't have to deal with him. Now I'm about to have a house all to myself where I don't have to be afraid of him. I don't have to hide. And I don't have any shitty memories."

"Does it feel different?"

She nodded her head and took a sip of her soda.

"A good difference?"

"I always felt like I was seconds away from drowning. When I'm around you I feel like you're lifting me out of the water and I can actually breathe."

"Baby, I'll always be there to lift you out of the water if you feel like you're drowning, you just tell me."

"I know baby. But now knowing I'll have my own safe place soon makes me feel like I walked towards the shore and I can finally hold myself above the water."

"Good. Now we just need to get you out of the water all together."

"That's going to take time."

"For you? I got all the time in the world baby." I said leaning across the car and pecking her lips.

"I know." She said softly.

"What's stopping you from moving now?" I ask.

"I just decided to wait after my father goes to court. I need to know I truly don't have to worry about him anymore, and I can actually feel happy about moving."

"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.