12: Where are you going to go?

She looked at me, her eyes pleading with mine

She looked at me, her eyes pleading with mine. "We need to leave."

"What's going on?" I asked back.

Her head flipped back to the house, then back to me. I could see the fear in her eyes.

"I just can't go inside right now, can we go somewhere?" She said softly.

I put the car back into drive and started to pull away. "Sierra, talk to me, tell me what happened."

She sat back in the seat and brought her knees up to her chest.

I drove for a few blocks, then pulled into a parking lot near her house and turned the car off.

I unbuckled her seatbelt, then grabbed her arms and pulled her into my lap, laying her legs across mine. I wrapped my arms around her and she started crying.

I rubbed my hands up and down her back until her breathing slowed and she calmed down.

"Can you tell me what happened baby? Why can't you go home?" I finally asked.

"My uncle called to tell me my father checked himself out of rehab and he was waiting for me at home." She started crying again.

I just sat there and held her while she cried. The radio playing in the background.

It was probably after one when I finally calmed myself down and crawled back over to my seat

I always act like everything's fine, even when it's not. I don't like being vulnerable around people. Even when I'm broken inside. Or my body is bruised and bleeding.

So why did I just fully break down in front of someone I don't want to know the dark parts of me?

I looked over at Zion. I knew he was upset. His jaw was clenched and he hasn't said anything.