18: I let everyone down

~Wednesday ~

~
Wednesday
~

I could smell Sierra's shampoo as soon as I woke up. I opened my eyes and the bed was empty.

I got up and walked across the room. Steam was coming out of the bathroom. So I walked in slowly.

"Good morning beautiful." I say softly. I don't want to startle her.

"Good morning." She said sticking her head out of the curtain. "I hope I didn't wake you."

I shook my head. "No but I'm going to run out to my car to grab my phone. I'll be right back."

She smiled and pulled herself back behind the curtain.

I walked downstairs and out to my car. Pushing the unlock button on my key fob. I opened the driver side door and grabbed my phone from the cupholder.

10:14

Well I guess she's not going to school today.

When I walked back upstairs to Sierra's room, she was walking into her closet wrapped in a towel.

I peaked my head around the door. "Boo."

She jumped and turned around. "Ahhhh! You scared the shit out of me!"

I started laughing. "I'm sorry, I thought you saw me walk back in." I leaned against the door frame.

She walked past me to her dresser and starts pulling a few things out. Then she turned around to go back to her closet, going through the clothes hanging up.

She turned to me. "I have no problem with you standing there while I get dressed. But this is your only warning."

I turned around walking back into her bedroom to give her some privacy. Sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Do you want to talk about your dad now?" I ask.

"Can we get breakfast?" She peeks around the closet door.

"If we can talk about what happened yesterday."

"Deal." She says coming out pulling her shirt down.

" She says coming out pulling her shirt down