Nearing an unmelodious end

Walking on the splintered-wooden-floor bear foot, I could feel a nice cool breeze come from the east.

"It's a nice night, isn't it?"

I turned around only to whiteness what seemed to be like an 8 foot skeleton in clothes, while also holding a violin and a bow.

I wasn't surprised by this encounter; I've already witnessed many wonders, so why would this be surprising.

"Oh hello! What's your name?" My mood switched a little after I began to stare at the violin for a few good seconds.

"My name is Brook. I'm surprised that you haven't made any kind of reaction to my appearance... it also seems like you're taking a liking to my violin! Yohohoho!"

I did actually take a liking to his violin; it brought back great memories.

"Do you know how to play, (Y/n)? If so then I'll let you borrow it for a bit!"

As he handed me the violin, I tried to remember some pieces that I would always play to my crew.

"Thank you, Brook! Eh, don't mind me if I make any horrible croaking on this violin. It's been a good while since I've played."

Positioning the violin and trying to hold the bow correctly, I think hard...

What song should I play...?

"Oh, I know..." I said whispering as I placed the bow onto a string.

I tapped my foot lightly so that I could follow a beat; fingers moving up and down, string to string; bow moving slowly; making mistakes here and there but the melody continued. I wanted to stop but my fingers wouldn't let me. The beat was nice and slow, and not too hard to follow.

As I continued for a few minutes, I noticed something carefully grabbing my wrist.

"That was beautiful.. I want to cry but I can't, yohohohoho.." he tried to whisper but it seemed hard for him to.

"I guess I got carried away, sorry Brook," I stared at him, then sniffled a little, "I used to play this piece, 'Reflections', to my crew every night. It would always help them go to sleep and that made me very happy. I loved being the musician on their crew; it felt amazing actually..."

Brook had no eyes, so I couldn't tell if he was staring at me or not, his words could only speak to me.

"I understand how you feel completely, (Y/n). I hope that we straw hats and the others will help you find the life you truely want to live."

I gave him a genuine smile, then returned his violin and bow.

"Thank you so much for letting me play, a lot of memories rushed in. It felt nice."

"Any time, (Y/n). If you need me I'll be over at the other side of the ship, have a wonderful night, yohohoho~!"

His laugh made me happy, "You have a wonderful night too, Brook!"

My mood was definitely changing and I'm pretty sure it was all because of brook and his violin; it actually felt like I was speaking to a relative of some sort. It was nice.

I didn't feel tired at all, soI decided to climb up to the crows nest.

"Eh, maybe I should do that tomorrow..."

Stopping my movement from climbing, I tried to identify the voice from above.

"Fire wont fix a situation like that though... YAWN"

I giggled, knowing full well thatt the person above me was Ace.

Slowly continuing up the latter, a face popped out from above, "AHHH!!" My arms began to flail, causing me to lose balance.

Lucky for me though, I was already pretty close to the top, so Ace grabbed my wrist before I could fall completely.

"Ahh, Whatever might you be doing up here (Y/n)?"

"U-uh, I couldn't sleep so... anyway thank you, Ace, for saving me."

"Hehe, no problem. Now get up here!"

Climbing into the crows next, I could feel my body warm up.

"Ace..."

"Yah, you can sit on my lap if you want to, I know there isn't much space."

Feeling a bit guilty and reluctant, I slowly make my way down, sitting on his crisscrossed legs.

"Hey, Ace? Do you remember the first time I tried playing the violin?"

"PPPFFFFHAHAHHA!! I WOULD NEVER FORGET THAT—"

Grabbing Ace's jaw carefully, I could feel a tear stream down his cheek.

"That funny, huh?"

He giggled a bit, but then latched his arm onto my wrist.

"I could hear some violin playing down there, I thought that would have been Brook playing but I heard some flaws in that piece. I'm assuming you're the one who was playing?"

"Hehe, yah. That was me. Did I not improve? At least a little bit??" I silently giggled along with him.

"Oh yah yah, you've improved immensely.."

From the full moons shine, I noticed Ace's eyes, "You're beautiful.."

Ace's eyes widened, "Hey, no! Not beautiful, you should have said handsome or something... beautiful is to much.."

"But beautiful means a lot more too me than handsome.."

Slowly falling onto his chest, I cuddled up to him, closing my eyes.

"Do you think we'll ever have a night like this, Ace?" I said glancing up at him

"I guess it depends.. once Doflamingo is no longer in our lives, we can live a life we always wanted to live.."

His hand moved to be placed on my head, ruffling up my hair a bit.

"Don't worry, (Y/n). We'll get through this..."

Lightly smiling at him, I returned my head to a resting position, closing my eyes once again.

Ace and I both said our goodnights and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning...

A loud noise came from below the crows nest. I couldn't identify it due to my lack of sleep.

"What could all of that unmelodious noise be..?" I said while squinting and rubbing my eyes with both of my fists in unison.

"ugh.. I'm not sure.." He said groaning in exhaustion.

"EVERYBODY PREPARE YOUR THINGS AND EAT SOME MEAT, WE ARE NEARING DRESSROSA!!"