Sparks of warmth

Laying on the pink couch, I raise both of my arms, tethering with my fingers.

  All I could hear were the harsh crashes of the ocean waves hitting against the boat. Other than that, I could only hear my fidgeting: fingernails clicking with each other.

   I slowly place my arms beside my body, now fully laying down on the couch.

  I move my eyes up to the ceiling, beginning to contemplate. But after a few minutes, I heard a huge boom come from the other side of my door.

  I rose up from the couch, quietly rushing over to my door. Slightly placing my right hand against the white and pink checkered door, I slowly press my cheek and ear, hearing in on two familiar voices.

  One voice was obviously Doflamingo, his voice is distinct: you can tell that the voice is owned my a pair of smiling lips. The other voice sounded like Treble, he's always saying "Neh, neh?" So that was an obvious observation. They both had quivering voices, though.

  I begin to close my eyes as half of my body is pressed against the door.

  "Well, we've been looking everywhere for that fruit and we haven't gotten any reports on if anybody ate it!" I could tell that as Doflamingo was speaking, he was also popping veins on his forehead, or maybe he was trying to calm himself by placing his right arms fingers up to the center of his forehead.

  "Hey, hey! Don't get angry, Doffy! We've got a few days before we can make a trade with the luck-luck fruit! I'm sure we'll find it, and if somebody already ate it we could probably kill them and wait for three days!"

  I immediately froze in place. My eyes began to dilate at nothing but the thought of the luck-luck fruit.

  "Hmm... you're right, Treble, I'm just stressing out."  "You're always stressed out! Go release that stress out on deck and drink something cold, neh neh?" Doflamingo added a tsk to Trebles few words.

  I quietly ran over to the couch, laying down, averting my body from the door. I didn't want to accidentally get caught and have them suspecting me. The more Doflamingo sees me intrigued the more he's gonna wanna kill me.

  I continue to listen in from the couch but all I could hear were muffled voices. My hearing isn't too great, it always feels like the inside of my ears belong to seashells: You can listen in to the ocean waves crashing against each other.

  Quietly glaring at my now naked pointing finger, the door opens in a somewhat forceful manner.

  I don't bother to avert my gaze from my pointing finger. The loud stomps, the distinct voice, and from only the corner of my eye was  the vibrant feathered coat; it was obviously Doflamingo.

  Feeling the other side of the couch bounce, I hitched my body a bit, trying to sit up in a nonchalant way.

  He had his right cheek resting on his clenched up fist, looking at the wall across from him.

  My eyes slowly glared up at him, giving a pleading look of wanting conversation.

  He didn't even look over at my face, but he tsked at my expression.

  "What is it that you want, woman?" I stare off into space in utter confusion, "Uhm, I should be asking you that question. You're the one who came in here." At a leisurely pace, he looked over at me, releasing the grip from his right hand.

  He turned his whole body over to me and went into a resting position.

  Does this man really believe that I've given up all hope? Well, he's not wrong, but he's a warlord... he should take all precautions no matter who I am. But he seems comfortable right now- that's insane.

  "So, how's it going? Do you like it in here?"

  Seriously. You're crazy.

  His smile was somewhat reassuring, it made me smile too.

  "Everything's fine for now, I'm just contemplating about almost everything that has been happening."

  He quickly but gently grabbed my hands. "Oh good, no more ripped off nails."

  I roll my eyes, "Come on, I was just in a weird faze a few hours ago. Baby 5 helped me stay a little sane, so you should thank her."

  "Hmhm, well I'm glad that she was of use."

  He wouldn't let go of my fingers, this time, I could feel his warmth. Last time he was as cold as a rock or probably the ocean. Not anymore.

  it was a weird sensation. I wouldn't want to describe it further more.

  He continues to stare at my fingers, finally realizing the awkward silence. He then let go of my fingers, retreating his hands and placing one on the back of the couch. The warmth completely left my finger tips, leaving me in chills.

  "We'll be reaching our destination really soon, so you wont have to wait in here any longer. You're apart of our crew now so there's no reason for hiding you anymore."

  Oh yah, that's right, I don't know why but  I've completely forgotten about our deal. I just didn't want to accept it, but I didn't really have a choice. Either join him and betray him by bringing justice on him or die with regret and sorrow.

  "Yah, you're right. If you don't mind me asking... where are we going?" His lips contorted into a wider grin, "Why that should be a surprise. I didn't think you would ask such an intriguing question. Do you actually want to live?" I give the iconic bitch face, trying to hide any suspicious facial features. "Does this face look like it wants to live to you?" I said while pointing at myself. He responded with his usual wicked laugh. "Well, I guess not, fufu,"

  I sigh in exasperation.

  "I do have a question, though, (Y/n)..."

  I tense up a bit, glaring at him with a stern face.

  Damn, hopefully he didn't notice my reaction.

"Do you know anything about the luck-luck fruit?"

  Of course. He had to ask a question like this. If I make a wrong move, I'm dead.

  "My family and I have been looking all over for it. We haven't heard any reports from anyone on who ate it."

  "Well, I've only heard about its power and how extremely lucky you get. The opposite could also happen, if you possess the luck-luck fruit, I believe you could also be extremely unlucky during any random occasion." After that sentence, I cleared my throat. I could barely breathe, and my throat was super dry.

  "That's strange... you know quite a bit about the luck-luck fruit. I'm assuming you listened to treble and I talking about it."

  My heart dropped. Beads of sweat rolled down my face.

  Damn it.

  "We actually suspected your crew for a while. The secluded pirates... an ironic name for such a popular crew."

  My whole body burned up with fury.

  "Is that why you sent ships to attack us?!"

  "So you you're not denying the fruit being in your guy's possession?" sparks of annoyance traveled through his words.

  "No, we have never possessed that stupid fruit! But answer my damn question!!"

  His forehead was now halfway covered with veins.

"I don't completely trust you yet."

  Raising his arm towards my right wrist, he violently dragged me out on deck, nearing me to a plank.

  "If you're going to lie to me, I'm going to have to punish you. You'll give me an answer by walking the plank."

  His grimacing smile was wider than ever.